Uninteresting Trivial Facts

The official Kentucky Fried Chicken Twitter account only follows 11 people; 6 people called Herb and all the Spice Girls.

In another word, 11 herbs and spices: https://twitter.com/kfc/following

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

The fire alarm went off this afternoon. It turned out to be an electrical fault.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The first person to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel was, judging by this photograph, Harry Redknapp.

Annie_Taylor.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The first person to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel was, judging by this photograph, Harry Redknapp.

Annie_Taylor.jpg

I thought it was mrs cooper?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

round at my ex-s for my daughters 9th birthday (I can't believe I typed that statement) it only seems like last week.

So I brought my computer up with me, so I could do a job search, but after an hour of searching the usual sites & applied for 10 jobs that I'm not qualified for, I've given up and come on here again.

Someone just tried to connect with me on LinkedIn from "fivefingerfitness.com"  Erm.  No.  I'm not even going to try that link on a sandboxed machine.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

14 minutes ago, ckn said:

Someone just tried to connect with me on LinkedIn from "fivefingerfitness.com"  Erm.  No.  I'm not even going to try that link on a sandboxed machine.

Fitness, of course, requires a suitable diet.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Fitness, of course, requires a suitable diet.

I've been told that that Five Finger Fitness lot are a legit company.  I wonder how much business they've lost through people like me going "I'm not clicking on that!"  I'm still not going to the website...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

5 minutes ago, JonM said:

Our local council gritters all have names painted on them, like Eddie Stobart Lorries.  So far, I have seen Gritney Spears, Brad Grit, Vanilla Ice, Snow Patrol & Usain Salt

Is there one called Gary or would that be inappropriate? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Is there one called Gary or would that be inappropriate? 

I looked the whole naming thing up on the council website and it seems like the names were suggested by local schools. So I think that's a no.

The Sydney Harbour Ferries had a competition to name their new ferry. The breakaway winner was Boaty McBoatface. Since that name was already taken, they decided to name it "Ferry McFerryface."

Most of the disapproval came from people who saw it as joke-recycling.

"Three of the vessels named Victor Chang, Kathryn Hamlin and Fred Hollows are iconic Australians, Bungaree and Pemulwuy are two iconic Indigenous leaders and now we go with this nonsense which was a rejected joke in the United Kingdom."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-14/ferry-mcferryface-decision-splits-sydney/9149348

Kathryn Hamlin was in fact so iconic that nobody at the ABC noticed that her name is Catherine.

Edited by Farmduck

2 hours ago, Farmduck said:

The Sydney Harbour Ferries had a competition to name their new ferry. The breakaway winner was Boaty McBoatface. Since that name was already taken, they decided to name it "Ferry McFerryface."

Bit of googling says that 3 (at least) local councils have Gritty McGritface.

Looks like our local council is behind the times. Surrey did this a couple of years ago and have "Snow Surrender" "Roger Spreaderer" and "Gritty Gritty Bang Bang."

Just managed to bag a couple of seats to see Peter Kay at Leeds Arena in October 2018. Box office opened today selling Mon, Tues and Weds tickets, the initial tour dates. These sold out immediately ( the majority no doubt being bought by touts with computerised buying systems ). As I prepared to leave the website they announced two more dates, Thursday and Friday. Got two for the Friday. 

Mrs Moose is one happy lady☺