Uninteresting Trivial Facts

My kitten just caught a fly out of the air.  Kitten was by my feet as I opened the back door to put the bin out, fly came in, kitten from standing start straight into the air about 3 foot up and caught the thing, munched it right down.  Dirty great big fly as well.

I really don't mind the cat murdering flies as I despise them in the house.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

We're off out to a Turkish restaurant tonight, great food, good service, nice and convenient.  Oh, and they also have a belly dancer on tonight.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

22 minutes ago, Shadow said:

A friend's son did Law at Oxford and was given a place at Linklaters.

Starting salary £45k at 22 years old.

I should have worked harder at school.

That's the trainee rate, Newly Qualified solicitors (deliberate caps) start at £78.500 (plus bonus up to £12k).

For those not aware, it's two years as a "trainee" then NQ status.  £78,500 isn't too bad a starting salary for a 24 year old.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, ckn said:

Amazon Prime is now available on AppleTV. One box does all now for us. 

In other streaming news, Google are threatening to disable the YouTube app on Amazon devices. Neither side has come out of this looking good so far, but it's the customers who are being punished.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

in the world of  cup a soup - the Heinz brand are untouchable in my view, making bachelors look like novices of the cup a soup market

I have to respectfully disagree.

Ainsley Harriott is the cup soup daddy

2 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I have to respectfully disagree.

Ainsley Harriott is the cup soup daddy

having had both ainsleys offerings and the new Heinz "cream of cup a soup" range I can confirm there is a new king in town - move over ainsley - your time as cup a soup king is over.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I don' like Toronto idea

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

3 hours ago, Farmduck said:

What's your speed?

I think the last time speed was a concern of his, he was doing 40 in a 30mph zone.:ph34r:

Sorry, Bleep, I just couldn't help myself. I shall say 3 "Hail Marys".

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 hour ago, tonyXIII said:

I think the last time speed was a concern of his, he was doing 40 in a 30mph zone.:ph34r:

Sorry, Bleep, I just couldn't help myself. I shall say 3 "Hail Marys".

I think the last time speed was of concern of mine, was how fast I'd drank that booze before driving home, & can I run the last 200meters while chucking without attaching DNA.

Previous last time of speed was the 199* London RL Cup final, when I was being chased into a corner playing for Ealing, and we still won, suckers.

Although, after I lost my speed & fitness I turned to RU, and still managed to stuff some of the opposition from "the back 5", and 2nd row when they were desperate. Thanks DW

• Like 1

You know those half used packs of Christmas cards you put somewhere safe so you could use them this year....yeah them...can't find them anywhere.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

5 hours ago, amm said:

You know those half used packs of Christmas cards you put somewhere safe so you could use them this year....yeah them...can't find them anywhere.

Don't worry! They'll turn up in January.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I’m at Peterborough services having a coffee and cherry bakewell. Getting a bit tired behind the wheel so a 30 minute break, coffee and relax before the last 90 minutes to home. 

Christmas supermarket shopping after work tomorrow and I'm already dreading it. I would honestly advise anyone considering going at the same time to keep out of my way

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion