Uninteresting Trivial Facts

4 hours ago, Farmduck said:

I don't think so. She even changes the wording for people who don't understand "wade."

Actually, there are quite a lot of thick people out there. The more I see on the internet, the more I wonder how on Earth they graduated from primary school.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

3 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Actually, there are quite a lot of thick people out there. The more I see on the internet, the more I wonder how on Earth they graduated from primary school.

We push them through now, come Hell or high water, we push them through.  Sure hope I don't have to 'wade' through high water!  Wouldn't want to have to face any adversity now would we?

22 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

I am doing a Customer Service course at my local employment agency supported by EU grants to help us back into work.....

There are 9 people on this course, I wouldn't employ 6 of them because they are so dense. One of them did not know how to turn the computer on, two of them were late, by an hour, because they thought they were on time, and waited outside because they couldn't tell the time properly.

One 27 year old, when asked what she had put on her CV as Hobbies, had put collecting Pokémon cards!

One of them was told the answer to a question by the guy sitting next to me, and she still got it wrong.

1 hour ago, ckn said:

I just had a bacon sandwich.  Well, two actually.  Bacon had to be eaten today.

Good job you ate them yesterday. They were probably "cured" sometime last year. If you had of left them until one minute after midnight today who knows what agonies you would have gone through. It's always best to keep on the safe side.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

3 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Good job you ate them yesterday. They were probably "cured" sometime last year. If you had of left them until one minute after midnight today who knows what agonies you would have gone through. It's always best to keep on the safe side.

I'm happy to confirm that they were indeed eaten just in time.  I just find it a disgrace that they got to that state before being eaten anyway.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Went up to Asda at Silverhill to do my shopping, and my card was refused, I contacted my bank and they said it was because I had bought something out of the ordinary from Amazon, (Assault on Precinct 13 DVD) I talked the muppet on security into allowing my card, paid for my shopping £32, and went for the bus back to Warrior Square, the nearest bus stop to where I live. I asked the bus driver for a single to WSq and he told me it was £2.10, which I gave him, as I picked up my shopping he asked me if I wanted my change.

Now I am a Northerner, I am able to count my change in my pockets, wearing gloves, I know I gave him £2.10 exactly, but he gave me 90p change. Did I complain, Did I correct him? Tough. 

Stagecoach 0 Bleep1673 1(ish)

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Went up to Asda at Silverhill to do my shopping, and my card was refused, I contacted my bank and they said it was because I had bought something out of the ordinary from Amazon, (Assault on Precinct 13 DVD) I talked the muppet on security into allowing my card, paid for my shopping £32, and went for the bus back to Warrior Square, the nearest bus stop to where I live. I asked the bus driver for a single to WSq and he told me it was £2.10, which I gave him, as I picked up my shopping he asked me if I wanted my change.

Now I am a Northerner, I am able to count my change in my pockets, wearing gloves, I know I gave him £2.10 exactly, but he gave me 90p change. Did I complain, Did I correct him? Tough. 

Stagecoach 0 Bleep1673 1(ish)

I had something similar, when Amazon picked up on what seemed like anomalous purchases to them, and they blocked my card. It all got sorted pretty quickly, once I explained that this was the first time I'd bought a handful of downloads, which showed up as several repeated small payments of identical amounts, arousing their suspicions.

But, in your case, it should be worth it... unless you bought the remake of Assault on Precinct 13 by mistake.  :wink: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

There is currently a Tesla Roadster flying round the earth in space.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Proof that I move with the times: I just tapped my Private Eye print magazine to stop it timing out while talking to the wife. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

19 hours ago, ckn said:

Proof that I move with the times: I just tapped my Private Eye print magazine to stop it timing out while talking to the wife. 

Maybe you should tap your wife to stop her timing out. Just don't tap her too hard!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, Futtocks said:

I had something similar, when Amazon picked up on what seemed like anomalous purchases to them, and they blocked my card. It all got sorted pretty quickly, once I explained that this was the first time I'd bought a handful of downloads, which showed up as several repeated small payments of identical amounts, arousing their suspicions.

But, in your case, it should be worth it... unless you bought the remake of Assault on Precinct 13 by mistake.  :wink: 

When I bought my DVD, I was going to buy John Carpenters version of The Fog, glad I didn't, it's just been on Horror Channel Sky 319