Uninteresting Trivial Facts

4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Emily Brontë, who wrote Wuthering Heights was born 200 years ago today.

Kate Bush, who sung Wuthering Heights, was born 60 years ago today.

Coincidence?

And both of those were English ... and England won the World Cup today !

1 minute ago, Bleep1673 said:

Hockey, Bowls Darts, or thumb wrestling.

Surely we could win a darts world title ... but maybe not nowadays . I’d watch thumb wrestling though , Eurosport two would be all over it . Geoff Capes would have been the man 

5 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Emily Brontë, who wrote Wuthering Heights was born 200 years ago today.

Kate Bush, who sung Wuthering Heights, was born 60 years ago today.

Coincidence?

that's far too interesting a fact for this thread - MODERATOR! 

my can of Carlsberg export claims to be "premium beer brewed to Danish standards for perfect balance down to the last drop" a claim that is hard to prove to be right or wrong as I have never managed to get "the last drop" of any liquid out of a can designed for holding beer

• Thanks 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

as I have never managed to get "the last drop" of any liquid out of a can designed for holding beer

You don't take a can opener to the tin so that you can lick out the inside ?

Are you rich or don't you really like beer?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Triskaidekophobia is fear of the number 13 and friggatriskaidekophobia is fear of Friday 13 . They was a racehorse called  Triskaidekophobia ... not as good a name as Speckyfoureyes or Hellcatmudwrestler or even Mary Hinge from a cheeky owner 

28 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Triskaidekophobia is fear of the number 13 and friggatriskaidekophobia is fear of Friday 13 . They was a racehorse called  Triskaidekophobia ... not as good a name as Speckyfoureyes or Hellcatmudwrestler or even Mary Hinge from a cheeky owner 

Robbie Fowler and Steve McManaman bought a racehorse, and wanted to call it Betty Swollocks. That request being knocked back (for obvious reasons if you are the Reverend Spooner), they called the poor beast Some Horse, just to hear the commentators say "and, coming in second... some horse".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Robbie Fowler and Steve McManaman bought a racehorse, and wanted to call it Betty Swollocks. That request being knocked back (for obvious reasons if you are the Reverend Spooner), they called the poor beast Some Horse, just to hear the commentators say "and, coming in second... some horse".

Yes there’s a good list of attempted names that failed to get past the BHA ! 

I was going to joke about the spelling of aquarium, but I'm sure it was just a typo.

It is a bizarre headline.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Cassowaries make a deep rumbling sound to establish territory. Apparently it is only about 23 Hz so many people can't hear it. If you click on the settings and set the video speed to 2, it may make it easier to hear.

The common usage of knives and forks led to the overbite ... most skulls found before around 250/300 years ago have edge to edge bite and since then skulls have an overbite due to culinary utensils

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, tonyXIII said:

I was going to joke about the spelling of aquarium, but I'm sure it was just a typo.

It is a bizarre headline.

corduroy pillowcases are making  headlines

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

10 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

eddie Cochran died age 21

buddy holly died age 22

hank Williams died age 29 

jerry lee lewis is still alive at 82

Audie Murphy died at 45 , and although remembered as an actor was one of the most decorated American combat soldiers ever

National Trivia Day is on 4th January, so that's 143 days to go.....is that uninteresting enough?

• Like 1

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion