Uninteresting Trivial Facts

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Han Solo’s jacket from Empire Strikes Back up for auction with an estimate of .... a million quid !

How the currency has been devalued...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

There is a Football Club in Nigeria called Warri Wolves.

200px-Warri_Wolves_F.C.svg.png

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 hours ago, DavidM said:

Put Glenn Miller on the gramophone , big hint .

while going to entertain the troops in france  millers aircraft disappeared  over the English channel, which by way of irony is very similar to my hopes of "getting a bit" last night!

• Haha 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Canada's government has revealed that  51% of its military are overweight with at least 6% of them suffering from mortal obesity,which means if we ever need to escape them after they have wheezed their way onto the battlefield,all we have to do is run up a slight incline 

2 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Canada's government has revealed that  51% of its military are overweight with at least 6% of them suffering from mortal obesity,which means if we ever need to escape them after they have wheezed their way onto the battlefield,all we have to do is run up a slight incline 

From watching documentaries on telly 97% of American prison officers are obese, slightly higher than the national average 

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

From watching documentaries on telly 97% of American prison officers are obese, slightly higher than the national average 

Organic body armour...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

5 minutes ago, ckn said:

Organic body armour...

Lot of the police are the same . You wonder if and how they pass training and how they’re gonna run after anyone ! I guess they just don’t bother with the don’t run bit of don’t run or I’ll shoot ... I ain’t running after you mate !

Edited by DavidM
  • Haha 1

Just taken delivery of a kitchen appliance from Amazon, and here is a sample from the instruction leaflet. I have faithfully reproduced the spelling, spacing etc.

this appliance is not intended for physically week, slow response or person with a mental disorder(including children),unless the safe use in for safety and responsible for guidance or assistance 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Just taken delivery of a kitchen appliance from Amazon, and here is a sample from the instruction leaflet. I have faithfully reproduced the spelling, spacing etc.

this appliance is not intended for physically week, slow response or person with a mental disorder(including children),unless the safe use in for safety and responsible for guidance or assistance 

Made in China ?

1 hour ago, westlondonfan said:

‘Left’ in Italian is ‘sinistra’.

And in Latin, "sinister" means "left-handed", which is why I posted that.

PS. Also in Latin, "dexter" means "right-handed", hence the word "dexterity" and its derivatives.

But thanks for the Italian reference.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

What's wrong with that? It's practically word-for-word the PM's next Brexit plan.

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. 

• Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:37 AM, gingerjon said:

You don't have to even be in the police to play for Metropolitan Police FC.

theres only 3 of them anyway, and I heard sting had lost his pace of late

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 10/24/2018 at 7:25 AM, timtum said:

The times they are a changing.

I have been with a group of 43 Australians for three days now and I have yet to be called Timmy.

Disappointed.

What were you convicted of?