Uninteresting Trivial Facts

3 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Stockport isn't Manchester though, anymore than Salford is.

I should have guessed you'd pick that one out. ?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I’m having a coffee in the old railway station antique shop in Bexhill on Sea.

For all I know Bleep1673 could be in here with me.

There are some large puddles after a cloud burst this morning. The road to the beach under the low railway bridge is closed due to said flooding.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Just now, Bearman said:

I’m having a coffee in the old railway station antique shop in Bexhill on Sea.

For all I know Bleep1673 could be in here with me.

There are some large puddles after a cloud burst this morning. The road to the beach under the low railway bridge is closed due to said flooding.

Wouldn't you be able to hear him Bleeping?

have just watched a film called "the day the earth stood still" I was waiting for the earth to stand still all way through and it never did, part of the plot was when the worlds electricity was neutralised for half an hour between 12 and 12-30- which left me thinking the film should have been titled "the day the earth had a 30min powercut"

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

have just watched a film called "the day the earth stood still" I was waiting for the earth to stand still all way through and it never did, part of the plot was when the worlds electricity was neutralised for half an hour between 12 and 12-30- which left me thinking the film should have been titled "the day the earth had a 30min powercut"

When that movie was made less than half of the people on Earth even had electricity.

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

When that movie was made less than half of the people on Earth even had electricity.

He may have been watching the remake. Which would have been a bad decision.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, DavidM said:

Well over a billion people have no electricity now scarily enough

Not surprising given the high cost of building electric transmission lines. In countries like PNG nobody can profitably run transmission lines up and down mountains through jungles to supply a village of 50 people who have an average annual income of $1K. The two most common transmission line metals, Aluminium and Copper, both have much higher-margin applications so they won't get any cheaper. The only answer is solar panels on every roof top.

A team of professional curlers have been booted from a World Curling Tour event for being "extremely drunk" while competing.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-20/curlers-disqualified-extremely-drunk-red-deer-curling-classic/10515170

?!?!?!? There are professional curlers?  There is a World Curling Tour?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Farmduck said:

A team of professional curlers have been booted from a World Curling Tour event for being "extremely drunk" while competing.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-20/curlers-disqualified-extremely-drunk-red-deer-curling-classic/10515170

It's big business in countries colder than yours, in Scotland Ice Hockey arenas there are always Curling lanes marked out as well as Hockey markings, in Canada, and Scandinavia there are even building especially dedicated to Curling.

On 11/20/2018 at 1:56 AM, Farmduck said:

Yes there are many professional curlers and they make big money...huge sponsorships!   You must understand that more drinking goes on during curling then any other athletic event I have ever witnessed....heavy, heavy drinking.   People then begin falling and slipping on the ice...its part of the entertainment for the drunken crowd...and large crowds do attend.

The Tour is very popular...there are many different tours.

You gotta get out more.