Uninteresting Trivial Facts

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You must understand that more drinking goes on during curling then any other athletic event I have ever witnessed....heavy, heavy drinking.

I would hardly call it "Athletic" any more than Darts is, and they used to drink tons. Jocky Wilson says that he only remembers winning the world title because someone videoed it for him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

I would hardly call it "Athletic" any more than Darts is, and they used to drink tons. Jocky Wilson says that he only remembers winning the world title because someone videoed it for him.

You obviously do not know anything about curling nor have you ever curled....it is very athletic and takes a very high degree of skill.  It is nothing like darts....think more like Formula 1 racing.

28 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You obviously do not know anything about curling nor have you ever curled....it is very athletic and takes a very high degree of skill.  It is nothing like darts....think more like Formula 1 racing.

I like watching the darts . Darts takes a very high degree of skill to . Not saying it’s overly physically demanding but PDC darts is very demanding and challenging indeed 

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

I like watching the darts . Darts takes a very high degree of skill to . Not saying it’s overly physically demanding but PDC darts is very demanding and challenging indeed 

2 hours ago, Mister Ting said:

Darts is on a par with snooker and that other game.

Incidently, I'm cack at both. It would be safer to stand in front of a dart board if I was throwing.

Listen, you clearly don't understand curling.  First and foremost curlers are very pliable and flexibul.   They go low to the ground so leg squats and deadlifts combined with intensive stretching/yoga is required.  

The sense of balance  while pushing off and moving low to the ice as you prepare to release is equivalent in difficulty to a gymnast on the balance beam bar.

The eye/hand co-ordination is incredible finite...especially moving it as relates  to get proper torque speed on the actual push off or release of the rock ( the curl).  The other team members have to work the brooms hard and push the broom onto the ice with everything they have to control the actual curl and speed of the rock (aneorbic).

The is all done while listening to shouted instruction that must be actually ASAP period!  All curlers are extremely fit and trim.

I' think its a little harder than tossing a dart....just saying.

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Listen, you clearly don't understand curling.  First and foremost curlers are very pliable and flexibul.   They go low to the ground so leg squats and deadlifts combined with intensive stretching/yoga is required.  

The sense of balance  while pushing off and moving low to the ice as you prepare to release is equivalent in difficulty to a gymnast on the balance beam bar.

The eye/hand co-ordination is incredible finite...especially moving it as relates  to get proper torque speed on the actual push off or release of the rock ( the curl).  The other team members have to work the brooms hard and push the broom onto the ice with everything they have to control the actual curl and speed of the rock (aneorbic).

The is all done while listening to shouted instruction that must be actually ASAP period!  All curlers are extremely fit and trim.

I could get curling, it's slow, just like me.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

26 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

No argument . Just saying I like darts ! Each to their own 

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:57 PM, Bleep1673 said:

Because the DWP didn't pay me enough last week (I have£1.27 to last until Dec 11), I may lose any interwebby ability for 4 weeks very soon. X

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Ah, the power of the Rugby League fraternity. I am not going to name names, but someone read the above post & got in touch with me, and offered to cover my phone, webby, & H2O debts.

I am very, very, eternally grateful, and will officially appoint their team as my second team (Unless Swinton play them, then it's Gloves Off).

I am not religious in any way (apart from RL), so I have asked one of my God Bothering mates to offer a prayer of thanks to my benefactor.

It truly has restored my faith in humanity.

• Like 4

The Royal Albert Hall programme for their " Classical music and Laser light spectacular show has an introductory note on each piece in the concert.

Jerusalem is described as " It is always played at the Rugby League Cup Final". It then goes on to list some other incidental places it is played like the FA Cup final and international soccer games!"

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Universal Credit is an horrific mess, and the worst victims are the ones that can afford least to fight the thoughtless decisions that come of it. UC worked reasonably well for me, because of my particular circumstances, so it could be a good thing if done with more care, thought and flexibility.

But the current setup is just too broad a brush and too slow a process.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

You're not on it, and never will bel 

Bourgeoise.

I was on it for nearly three years. I'm not on it now, thanks to doing unexpectedly well in a job interview when I was physically and mentally in a pretty poor state. Going down the stairs afterwards, my legs almost collapsed under me. It does make me wonder how bad the other candidates were...

I had quite a few discussions at the Job Centre with people who were being failed and frustrated by the new UC system. It can be unforgiving and thoughtless and ignorantly destructive. Unfortunately, what it needs is administration that can listen and react and be flexible and compassionate. That would cost more than the current botch-job, so it won't happen. Not ever, no matter who you vote for.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Universal Credit is an horrific mess, and the worst victims are the ones that can afford least to fight the thoughtless decisions that come of it. UC worked reasonably well for me, because of my particular circumstances, so it could be a good thing if done with more care, thought and flexibility.

But the current setup is just too broad a brush and too slow a process.

I haven't followed UC closely but I read a Govt pamphlet which says single people over 25 get 317 quid/month. Is that correct? Is there some other payment at the same time? I get 570 quid/fortnight here on Disability Pension and the dole for someone my age would be the same.

I get, as a base, £300 & something per month, I get £400 towards my £550pcm rent.

Because I have epilepsy I get £212 Personal Independence Payment (PIP) per 4 weeks, I also get a concessionary bus pass in England due to my Epilepsy, and a disabled train pass, which gives me 33% off my fares (BTW, I have never been asked by a guard/OBS to produce my card in the 15 years I have had one). When I had a job during the summer, with OnTrak, I got a free rail pass, for Govia Thameslink Southern, although I was sacked in October for taking a day off sick, because of two broken ribs, they have not revoked the pass, so I travel for free (More or less), I also have used the pass with Southeastern, with only one glitch at Ashford Int.

This is a normal month, none of it happened in November

Edited by Bleep1673

8 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I get, as a base, £300 & something per month, I get £400 towards my £550pcm rent.

Because I have epilepsy I get £212 Personal Independence Payment (PIP) per 4 weeks, I also get a concessionary bus pass in England due to my Epilepsy, and a disabled train pass, which gives me 33% off my fares (BTW, I have never been asked by a guard/OBS to produce my card in the 15 years I have had one). When I had a job during the summer, with OnTrak, I got a free rail pass, for Govia Thameslink Southern, although I was sacked in October for taking a day off sick, because of two broken ribs, they have not revoked the pass, so I travel for free (More or less), I also have used the pass with Southeastern, with only one glitch at Ashford Int.

This is a normal month, none of it happened in November

Thats interesting about the disabled persons railcard.  I have one and I always have to show it on Virgin and Northern Trains. ( Hearing Aids qualify as disabled)

In fact, last week at Euston my wife who was travelling with me ( "carers" accompanying the card holder are also eligible to use it) was stopped and I had to produce my card in order to board the train.

Edited by Bearman

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Cumberland gap by Lonnie Donegan  is 2 mins and 1 second long- Wabash cannonball by Lonnie Donegan is 2 mins and 1 second long

So he had a short attention span, a man before his time eh!