Uninteresting Trivial Facts

14 hours ago, Bob8 said:

The missus bought her wedding dress for 130 quid.

You should know better than to let her loose with your platinum credit card!

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

A walk along the beach from Playa Del Ingles to Maspalomas is different than from Whitby to Sandsend.

I’ve never before felt overdressed wearing only a pair of shorts.

Mrs Moose has insisted on doing the same walk for the last 8 days, mumbling about being short changed these last 40 odd years.

15 minutes ago, Moose said:

A walk along the beach from Playa Del Ingles to Maspalomas is different than from Whitby to Sandsend.

I’ve never before felt overdressed wearing only a pair of shorts.

Mrs Moose has insisted on doing the same walk for the last 8 days, mumbling about being short changed these last 40 odd years.

we go there every year, I always keep a picture of Nicola sturgeon  tucked in my sunhat just in case anything starts to arise, stare at that for 10 seconds and panic over.

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

we go there every year, I always keep a picture of Nicola sturgeon  tucked in my sunhat just in case anything starts to arise, stare at that for 10 seconds and panic over.

Doesn't a sunhat count as cheating, GYJ?

4 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

You should know better than to let her loose with your platinum credit card!

?

I know!  I could have bought myself a tie for that much money!

• Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

The first ever National anti-smoking programme was implemented by the Nazis, they banned smoking on public transport, in air raid shelters and in various public buildings and restaurants. They also banned advertising that showed it as a positive thing. It was also banned in the Luftwaffe and SS officers were banned from smoking while on duty. Meanwhile the allied forces seemed to virtually survive on cigarettes and if you view any film from then or all through the 50s smoking is virtually compulsory.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

The first ever National anti-smoking programme was implemented by the Nazis, they banned smoking on public transport, in air raid shelters and in various public buildings and restaurants. They also banned advertising that showed it as a positive thing. It was also banned in the Luftwaffe and SS officers were banned from smoking while on duty. Meanwhile the allied forces seemed to virtually survive on cigarettes and if you view any film from then or all through the 50s smoking is virtually compulsory.

Ha! I remember the 50s. Our family GP, Doc Murphy, used to smoke a pipe. The waiting room was bad enough, but stepping into his surgery must have taken a year off my life every time.

19 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Ha! I remember the 50s. Our family GP, Doc Murphy, used to smoke a pipe. The waiting room was bad enough, but stepping into his surgery must have taken a year off my life every time.

Yep . My mam told me about their old family doctor who came round to see my granda , saw his fags and said ‘ none of those Tommy , I’ll have them ‘

• Like 1

I bought a new pair of trainers on Saturday, my older ones were 6 years old, or so, and smelled like Salford's home changing room. However the new shoes have given me blisters on my heel that might take until Easter to heal. Heal the heel. I am in agony. TCP has helped, but I am wearing flip-flops in winter.

4 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I bought a new pair of trainers on Saturday, my older ones were 6 years old, or so, and smelled like Salford's home changing room. However the new shoes have given me blisters on my heel that might take until Easter to heal. Heal the heel. I am in agony. TCP has helped, but I am wearing flip-flops in winter.

Serves you right for buying inferior Swinton merchandise.

New Year, same sh*t.

Happy New Year.?

4 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Serves you right for buying inferior Swinton merchandise.

New Year, same sh*t.

Happy New Year.?

Smart ass, they are Karrimor shoes, designed to carry your plebeian team,

If Swinton ever did produce merchandise, I am sure it would be better than Salford's tat,

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

flip flops all year round; its the future

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

I saw these this afternoon and I wondered what they were called. Turns out they are mammatus clouds or mammary clouds.

10680592-3x2-700x467.jpg

10680586-3x2-700x467.jpg

Mammatus clouds are often associated with extreme weather, but when they are formed in the sky it merely indicates "descending pockets of small droplets or ice crystals from an anvil surface", BOM said.

The first shot fired by the British side in WW1 was fired by Australians, in Melbourne.

The German cargo ship SS Pfalz, had been docked in Melbourne when it received news that war was about to start and they should get out of Dodge ASAP. Before they reached the open sea an Australian artillery  position just south of Melbourne received news that we, as part of the Empire, were at war with Germany. They signalled the Pfalz to turn around and the ship refused. They fired one shot across the bow and, after some conversation, the German skipper agreed to turn around and head back to port.

8 hours ago, Farmduck said:

The first shot fired by the British side in WW1 was fired by Australians, in Melbourne.

The German cargo ship SS Pfalz, had been docked in Melbourne when it received news that war was about to start and they should get out of Dodge ASAP. Before they reached the open sea an Australian artillery  position just south of Melbourne received news that we, as part of the Empire, were at war with Germany. They signalled the Pfalz to turn around and the ship refused. They fired one shot across the bow and, after some conversation, the German skipper agreed to turn around and head back to port.

Good grief.

Is there no end to the trouble you lot cause!

• Haha 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

9 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

So will I.

Welcome back.

(Mind you, my post referred to January 2018 which means you're a year late ☺. Yes, I did go back and check. I am that nerdy!)