Uninteresting Trivial Facts

On 1/28/2019 at 7:30 PM, graveyard johnny said:

just caught the wife about to throw away a packet of angel delight just cos its 3 weeks out of date, er I don't think so lady!

Surely it's more like 30 years out of date? ☺

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

On 1/28/2019 at 5:30 PM, graveyard johnny said:

just caught the wife about to throw away a packet of angel delight just cos its 3 weeks out of date, er I don't think so lady!

If it’s butterscotch flavour then you are Paley and I claim my five pounds

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:30 PM, graveyard johnny said:

My local Offie does bottled beers that are out of date by 2-3 months for 59p/bottle

19 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Nowt wrong with a bit of angel delight, I've got a packet of smash in my cupboard! 

im more of a yeoman man

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I was reading about a conviction for manslaughter in Victoria and they had a shot of Wangaratta Court House.I can't find out what year it was built but it's a real Deco gem.

28337176_1977703895813402_56204603570278

50323511_10156223418848693_3998601590364

4afa520a6862b6fa4292c513eba9579d.jpg

wrought iron work on the gates

51f52f07f281f7df53d287ff084b0cde.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Farmduck said:

I was reading about a conviction for manslaughter in Victoria and they had a shot of Wangaratta Court House.I can't find out what year it was built but it's a real Deco gem.

Built in 1938 apparently....

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMYZ45_1938_Courthouse_Wangaratta_Vic_Australia

• Thanks 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

We had a staff meeting today, which is something that we can bear because there's free pizza at the end. However, at the end of business, the MD announced that two members of staff had had milestone birthdays during the Christmas closure.
Then they brought out an bleddy enormous cake for me and a colleague whose birthday was also during the holidays. :) 

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Do people still go to legoland?? To be fair, I'm surprised kids still play with lego, doesn't have any screens or buttons attached to it. 

Yes. @gingerjon  

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

28 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

We had a staff meeting today, which is something that we can bear because there's free pizza at the end. However, at the end of business, the MD announced that two members of staff had had milestone birthdays during the Christmas closure.
Then they brought out an bleddy enormous cake for me and a colleague whose birthday was also during the holidays. :) 

Congratulations.

Sixty is the new forty Futtocks.

9 minutes ago, longboard said:

Congratulations.

Sixty is the new forty Futtocks.

I can (literally) meet that half way.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The issue that nobody in the media dares to cover: eels in seals!

10597178-3x2-700x467.jpg

As traditional seal family life and gender roles break down scientists believe some seals are resorting to snorting eels to cope with the emotional fallout. We can see the affected seal in this picture, drowsy and unmotivated, or "eeled AF," as seals call it.

The NOAA has since developed guidelines on how to remove the eels, after researchers first spotted one stuck in 2016. "They get stuck in there really snug, so you have to  give the eel a firm tug to get it out," The Guardian reported the NOAA's lead scientist Charles Littnan as saying.

Well thanks for that for that advice Einstein!

@qikipedia
A zoo in Texas has introduced a rather different Valentine's package this year. For a small fee, they will name a cockroach after your ex and feed it to a meerkat.

• Haha 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...