Uninteresting Trivial Facts

1 hour ago, ckn said:

wc221.gif

Wow, I haven't seen a PLIF cartoon in years!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Wow, I haven't seen a PLIF cartoon in years!

I downloaded some when I knew the site was about to go under, can't find most of them though but that one I keep aside.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 12:11, ckn said:

wc221.gif

As many as that? I only speak to 12 people per week, all you lot are computer generated rejects from another dimension, and TV only puts on what I don't want to watch, that explains why the same buses are going past my window at the same frequency. I want to speak to my psychiatrist. Or someone who vaguely looks like her.

I feel lonely sometimes. 

I just bet on Tennis for the first time in my life. I got an email from my betting account saying I hadn't used it for nearly 2 years and they were about to declare me digitally dead if I didn't bet on something.

Nice game for them. Once they declare you inactive they start charging $10/mth account fee. My online betting shop has changed hands about 4 times in the last 5 years and I couldn't even remember which outfit I was with until I tried a few recently. I started out with some gang I've forgotten then they were bought by Waterhouse then he was bought by William Hill and now it's Beteasy.

This time last year the Obituary thread had reached 15 pages. This year it has only made 11.

Conclusion 

A, Less people are dying, 

Or

B, There are  less people on here alive to report on it

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

3 hours ago, Bearman said:

B, There are  less people on here alive to report on it

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Edited for accuracy

Fewer people, Shirley?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

I have a badly swollen ankle that has been bothering me for 2 weeks, and my local GP is useless, prescribed a very weak anti-biotic, and no pain killers. Last night I was in total agony, and barely slept, so this morning I took my last pain killer, gave it time to work, and went off to A & E.

Because it wasn't Trauma that caused the problem, I was seen by the in house "GP", diagnosed with a bit of rheumatism, and was out again with anti-inflammatory, pain killers, and stronger anti-biotic, all on prescription. As I get free prescriptions, I consider that as a result. Best thing was though, he was Canadian, from Toronto, and had never heard of the Wolfpack.

• 1 month later...

After spending 10 mins trying, and finally succeeding to pin a poppy securely and with the leaf pointing towards 11 o’clock on my jacket my wife walked in and told me it was wrong, it should be on the left side not the right.?

58 minutes ago, Moose said:

After spending 10 mins trying, and finally succeeding to pin a poppy securely and with the leaf pointing towards 11 o’clock on my jacket my wife walked in and told me it was wrong, it should be on the left side not the right.?

I got the enamelled pin badge. You just need to attach it, turn it 'til the date's at the bottom, and it looks nicer anyway.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

40 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I got the enamelled pin badge. You just need to attach it, turn it 'til the date's at the bottom, and it looks nicer anyway.

Nah!  It’s not a proper poppy unless you stab yourself a few times with the impossibly small pin they provide

14 hours ago, Moose said:

Nah!  It’s not a proper poppy unless you stab yourself a few times with the impossibly small pin they provide

I’ve got a metal poppy and I did indeed stab my finger with it the other day 

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

I’ve got a metal poppy and I did indeed stab my finger with it the other day 

17 hours ago, Moose said:

I know of an injury lawyer that will sue the British Legion for you both.

Edited by Bearman

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

• 1 month later...

Mrs Moose wears glasses, I’ll rephrase that, Mrs Moose should but doesn’t always use her glasses.

She returned home today from Xmas shopping and showed me her purchases. Instead of the intended festive gift tags we’re  now the owners of two dozen car air fresheners.?

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Just looking at the opening few pages of this thread.....so many old names!! 

Bring ‘em back I say

I wonder what the opening few pages of this thread on the original forum would bring up?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile