Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Just now, longboard said:

By 'eck, Bradford's on the up and getting gentrified. 

They spent thousands doing up the pub last year but left the radiator set below the hand towel dispenser in the gents'. Some iconoclast has only gone and painted it.

It's a brilliant pub.

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 10/03/2020 at 11:06, Wolford6 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.56c25d549567af79eb26ae98c259ae8b.jpegThey've painted the rusty radiator in the Lord Clyde.

Bogs with heating? Why? There used to be a pub where I drank in Salford that had no roof on the urinals, the only flush was when it rained. So it was quite clean.

1 minute ago, Bleep1673 said:

Bogs with heating? Why? There used to be a pub where I drank in Salford that had no roof on the urinals, the only flush was when it rained. So it was quite clean.

The toilet had Izal to discourage users.

I don't recall the name, but it was somewhere around Ordsall, Regent Road-ish

Edited by Bleep1673

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ckn said:

Buck Rogers' mission was launched from Earth on this day 33 years ago in 1987.

Does that mean it's acceptable to post a picture of Colonel Wilma Deering?

Erin_Gray_sexy.girl.photos.filminspector.com_21.jpg

• Thanks 3

Not "acceptable", "mandatory".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

90% of tongans are overweight or obese due to eating spam, drinking heavily and smoking a lot 

Thought that was Yorkshire Women?

Hat, coat, gbye again

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Haha 1

From the Lions website

Paul Mellor, one of the most underated Full backs of the Era

Danny Wilson, mesmoriseding in his side step, and his drop goals to beat Hunslet will always remain in my mind

Gary Ainsworth about to side step the entire PNG National side as he did to most teams

Joe Grima, and Les Holliday, great players

https://swintonlionsrlfc.co.uk/swinton-lions-greatest-team/swinton-lions-greatest-team-the-80s/

4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

From the Lions website

Paul Mellor, one of the most underated Full backs of the Era

https://swintonlionsrlfc.co.uk/swinton-lions-greatest-team/swinton-lions-greatest-team-the-80s/

was that before or after his time in the style council?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

37 minutes ago, Bearman said:

My wife have just been sitting in the garden with a cup of tea. We both had to move because it was too hot in the sun.

I took a rather roundabout route to the Co-op this afternoon, just to soak up some extra sun. It had the added benefit of taking me off the main road, so my self-isolation credentials were also enhanced.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

I spent most of yesterday setting up a new laptop, starting with a complete re-install of Windows. You never realise how many things need to be installed or set up, just for your everyday use!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 26/04/2020 at 12:25, Futtocks said:

I spent most of yesterday setting up a new laptop, starting with a complete re-install of Windows. You never realise how many things need to be installed or set up, just for your everyday use!

Everything running normally, as far as I can see. The difference between my old machine and the new one is fabulous!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think getting a new internet box, is worse, then you have to reset computer, phone, kindle, printer, TV,  sky box, and any other internet connected items, to a new username, and password

Edited by Bleep1673

I would like a big shout out to my near neighbour Gingerjon who gave a present to me, may he give many more to the foodbank.

I would also like to give a big thanks to Danish Bob8 who helped me in a difficult time, I'm now floating, rather than under the surface.

Thats why on my opening screen the short link to this website is labelled "FAMILY".  Because you are to me.

• Like 2