Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Had a really weird dream last night.

I was on the tv programme Taskmaster, and we were told to go to Gerkhinworld* in North Yorkshire. When I was changing trains, I dropped the ring binder I was carrying, onto a lower concourse, when I finally retrieved it, it was wrapped in that cling film stuff you wrap your bags in at the airport, when I opened it, it had a cooked lobster inside.

*Gerkhinworld does not exist, North Yorkshire, apparently,  does.

Edited by Bleep1673

We've just had a power cut, here in That London. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just been browsing the Maps on my phone, discovered Pendleton, New York, close to Buffalo, but huge stolen names, including Hamburg, Holland on the same road out as Yorkshire, quite a way from Bliss, but just up from Warsaw, Letchworth & Leicester, Java, Batavia & Dunkirk get honourable mentions.

They should've consulted the locals rather than killing them?

Edited by Bleep1673

13 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Is your home town mentioned in a colony?

Hastings, NZ, has a suburb called St Leonard's bizarrely. 

My village name has featured in virtually every land battle of the 20th and 21st centuries

8 hours ago, Shadow said:

My village name has featured in virtually every land battle of the 20th and 21st centuries

Is it Latrine?

??

Works both ways. Pontypool has Sebastapol. Bradford has the the Walls of Jericho, set in Egypt, a small group of houses above Thornton village.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt,_Bradford

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 minute ago, Shadow said:

No, it’s over 250 miles away from Bradford :kolobok_biggrin:

When you have a poo in Bradford, most sewers  feed Esholt Sewage Works. In case of failure or flood, the sewage works has to open the sluice gates to the River Aire which flows to ...

Leeds ?

[Hmmm, my stomach seems to be rumbling a bit this morning ...]

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

When you have a poo in Bradford, most sewers  feed Esholt Sewage Works. In case of failure or flood, the sewage works has to open the sluice gates to the River Aire which flows to ...

Leeds ?

[Hmmm, my stomach seems to be rumbling a bit this morning ...]

Shipping all the sh#t from Bradford to Leeds presumably improves the conditions on both cities

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Shipping all the sh#t from Bradford to Leeds presumably improves the conditions on both cities

House prices in Leeds are much higher than Bradford. Coprophilia, I expect.

7 hours ago, Shadow said:

36D11EC9-DD7C-4AC2-BEAC-67D7AEB115D6.jpeg

Spooky or what?

On the Spuggies and jackdaws thread Robin posted that he’d heard a cuckoo. Out of interest I googled cuckoo, I haven’t heard one for years. This is what google came up with

https://www.birdspot.co.uk/?p=24426

Before today I’d never heard of Nomansland.

Do you know Mr Lankford?

Edited by Moose

10 minutes ago, Moose said:

Spooky or what?

On the Spuggies and jackdaws thread Robin posted that he’d heard a cuckoo. Out of interest I googled cuckoo, I haven’t heard one for years. This is what google came up with

https://www.birdspot.co.uk/?p=24426

Before today I’d never heard of Nomansland.

Do you know Mr Lankford?

I don't know him but I think I've spoken to his wife on the village facebook page 

Mrs Shadow and I were out for a walk on Sunday across the open area behind the sign in my post and heard a cuckoo. 

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1