Uninteresting Trivial Facts

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I know but this is the uninteresting trivia thread!

Give me a public holiday and then I might start getting enthusiastic.

My dad was called George , his dad was called George and his dad was called George . There , I raise your uninteresting trivia !!!

I’m still annoyed ever since I read about the ‘harrying of the north’ by those Norman gits.

And don’t even get me started on the bloody Romans (what have they ever done for us).

Now forgive as I go into the forest and perform pagan rituals by holding hands with the trees and invoking the power of the sun!

6 hours ago, DavidM said:

My dad was called George , his dad was called George and his dad was called George . There , I raise your uninteresting trivia !!!

My Grandad was called Hugh, and was born in Everton in 1904, by the Census (which I hope you all filled in the 2021 version), in 1911, he was living in a three bedroom house in Pendleton, with an Uncle Hugh (&Auntie), a Grandad Hugh (& Grandma), and 5 Cousins, one of whom was called Hugh. 10 in a 3 bed house, with only an outside toilet, or any running hot water.

I sat and re-read that, and it made me wonder how my Dad went from a derelict street in Northern Salford, to a lovely semi-detached house in a quiet bit of Seedley (Until Wednesday).

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I’m still annoyed ever since I read about the ‘harrying of the north’ by those Norman gits.

And don’t even get me started on the bloody Romans (what have they ever done for us).

Now forgive as I go into the forest and perform pagan rituals by holding hands with the trees and invoking the power of the sun!

Ah, Vikings are still on here. My Surname, which I hate the word of Surname, which is Norman -Serf Name- is derived from a Viking name, meaning Horse Course, or Horse Carer, and my Grandfather used to be an Ostler for a Brewery on Chapel Street.

Although my daughter has an Hawaiian First name, she has a Viking middle name, and MY SURNAME.

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Ah, Vikings are still on here. My Surname, which I hate the word of Surname, which is Norman -Serf Name- is derived from a Viking name, meaning Horse Course, or Horse Carer, and my Grandfather used to be an Ostler for a Brewery on Chapel Street.

Although my daughter has an Hawaiian First name, she has a Viking middle name, and MY SURNAME.

I have never met anyone with the surname 1673.

• Haha 2

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

On 23/04/2021 at 09:14, Bleep1673 said:

Happy St. Georges Day

On behalf of all Catalans Dragons fans, thank you, bleep.

7 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Is that his surname? I always thought it was his PIN number, I better call off those blokes I hired to...

...anyway, enough of that.

It was the number of the hospital pager I was carrying when I signed up to this site. Or as we called them, Bleeps. So Bleep1673, for confidentiality I refuse to reveal which hospital I was working at.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

It was the number of the hospital pager I was carrying when I signed up to this site. Or as we called them, Bleeps. So Bleep1673, for confidentiality I refuse to reveal which hospital I was working at.

Ah, very interesting Bleep, thank you for that, pretty much the same explanation for me, when I was thinking of a username there was a goose taking some suspicious looking mushrooms in the corner of my living room! 😁

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Haha 1

Today is the 50th anniversary of the music publishing and distribution company my mum set up with £11.23 capital.
She purloined my John Bull Printing Outfit to stamp each order as "completed" or "to file", plus "Please pay now. It helps a lot. Thanks" for the invoices. The business is still going, run by my sister.

8m2OTdp.jpg

• Like 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hastings Borough Council told the 20k+ motorbikes who make the annual mayday bike run here, to stay away, because of Covid.

Thankfully many of them obeyed. However, there are plenty who disobeyed. 

Lovely sounds.

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

British units of measure:

Matchbox.

Richard Osman.

Double decker bus.

Football pitch.

Royal Albert Hall.

Wales.

Anymore?

Nelsons Column

Wembley Stadium 

elephants

1 hour ago, hindle xiii said:

Anymore?

The air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...