Uninteresting Trivial Facts

• 3 weeks later...

On 16/01/2022 at 07:31, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Yeah these signs are new and there's been quite a lot of controversy about them. I think the council are changing them. Personally I like them! 😂

I’d be very surprised if anyone complained about them. Surely we’re not to the point where a harmless bit of inter-city banter triggers faux-outrage? 

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

7 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

I don't recall the Inter City Firm engaging in "banter" :kolobok_aggressive: :kolobok_black_eye:

I did think that might be misinterpreted when I was typing it! 

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

I just bought a new washbag, and realised that I'd had the old one since the mid-Eighties.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

I apologise if this has been mentioned before but should eggs be left in the fridge. Also can you freeze cheese ?. 

Eggs - up to you. They'll keep a little longer when chilled, but eggs should really be used as fresh as possible, so why bother taking up fridge space? Just buy them when you need them.

Cheese - freezing (then defrosting) can ruin the texture of some cheeses, particularly the harder ones.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

50 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Eggs - up to you. They'll keep a little longer when chilled, but eggs should really be used as fresh as possible, so why bother taking up fridge space? Just buy them when you need them.

Cheese - freezing (then defrosting) can ruin the texture of some cheeses, particularly the harder ones.

I freeze my bread and i only take out what i need instead of wasting a whole loaf. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have two related facts (and I haven't read 353 pages to see if they have been mentioned before so apologies if they have).

Now, initially it may seem interesting but bear with me.

1. I learned recently the astounding fact that due to the explosion in population over the last several decades that there are more human beings alive today than have ever died... i.e. that the majority of the human population that ever lived is alive today. Incredible when you think about it.

2. I more recently learned that number 1 isn't true.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

our beloved moderator John Drake is NOT the illegitimate love child of Charlie Drake and neither does he have webbed feet like a drake does 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

our beloved moderator John Drake is NOT the illegitimate love child of Charlie Drake and neither does he have webbed feet like a drake does 

Nor yet was Gabrielle Drake his mother

Gabrielle Drake - IMDb

10 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

What are you trying to say about the webbed feeters of the world? Are you disrespecting us? Are you making fun of us?! Farmduck! Farmduck! You know you're going the right way for a real pecking! You want that big guy?! Honk! Honk! 😁😂😉

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
Spelling

20 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

What are you trying to see about the webbed feeters of the world? Are you disrespecting us? Are you making fun of us?! Farmduck! Farmduck! You know you're going the right way for a real pecking! You want that big guy?! Honk! Honk! 😁😂😉

1o95Cyu.png

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-saving has been invented.

I'm still trying avoid pre-ordering anything but today I learned you can pre-save. A YT video guy I watched has just released a new single and, even though it's not on Spotify yet, you can pre-save it there, presumably so that when it becomes available it will be added to your whatever. (Not a Spotify user so don't know what they call it. A rotation? A spotbag? A shopping trolley?)

Faith no more's album Angel Dust was released 30 years ago this month.

I remember queuing up in HMV to get my copy of their previous album signed, so now I feel rather old. For the record, most of the band looked like they really didn't want to be there - Mike Bordin was the only one who smiled at me as he applied his illegible squiggle to the LP cover, so I have a soft spot for his drumming.

• Sad 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson