Uninteresting Trivial Facts

we throw that out for the birds, they hoover it down :D

I always feel let down if food in a restaurant has to be sent back, even when it comes back to you, you never quite enjoy it as you aren't sure if a cookie in the back hasn't had a mardy and done something to it.

I had a spell at an establishment in Nottingham ( not in the kitchens, I was front of house) and a man came in, perfectly polite he was, he went to the restaurant and had a meal.

I heard later on that he'd made comments about the meal, it was sent back, and , apparently, the chef threw his steak on the floor before returning it to the pan, and then sending it back out to him :dry: <_<

the staff were treated like lowlife by the management

That's the first meal I've had in years that I've sent back. Usually I'll just lump it if it's slightly below average and, in a very British way, simply not go back to the restaurant.

Only exception to that was a quite snobby restaurant we went to that obviously had their work-experience chef cooking that day. We complained about the food as nothing was good in the slightest and when you're paying

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On the subject of pork. I noticed above a mention of belly pork. I had a right old disagreement with a restaurant owner about some I ordered last week. It turned up and it was over half fat with stringy tasteless lumps of meat making up the rest, the fat on top was still soft with absolutely no crackling at all. I sent it back as it was awful. The owner was most displeased and he said there was nothing wrong with it.

Now, was I right and his chef simply didn't know how to cook pork belly or was I being overly fussy?

Pork belly should have a nice crispy top, with melt in the mouth meat underneath if cooked properly. Stringy meat with a thick layer of soft fat deserves to be sent back and the chef sent back to cooking school. Also sounds like they have been sourcing very cheap meat and not decent cuts, there is pork belly and there is tesco value pork belly.

I had pork steaks for dinner last night. Marinated/marinaded* in a red wine, herb and garlic sauce. Mash, carrots and peas :)

* which is it? marinated or marinaded? Both work in my spell checker! :(

If you haven't already checked it, let me inform you.

Marinade is the noun, the sauce.

Marinate is the verb, letting the food soak.

If you haven't already checked it, let me inform you.

Marinade is the noun, the sauce.

Marinate is the verb, letting the food soak.

Thankee for the answer but then why is marinaded allowed in my spell checker?

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The entertainingly named cat, who has recently been kidnapped by an outstandingly odd neighbour and renamed Mimi, has returned to Chateau Timtum and is having a snooze on the sofa.

we have an injured pigeon in our practice managers office. The GP found it in the road on the way in & rescued it. We are waiting for the RSPCA to come & get it.

Having a bird phobia I have been nowhere near it!! ;)

The bird has gone. The RSPCA man said his shoulder was badly broken & will be put to sleep.

My collegue confirmed this to the other girls describing the shoulder bones sticking out of his wing to much disgust & pulled faces :D

The bird has gone. The RSPCA man said his shoulder was badly broken & will be put to sleep.

My collegue confirmed this to the other girls describing the shoulder bones sticking out of his wing to much disgust & pulled faces :D

I was out in Adel woods a few weeks back. My dog found an injured pigeon, it looked like it had come a poor second in a fight with an animal(not my dog). I wrung its neck. It died immediately

I was upset, but at the same time I felt I'd done it a good turn.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

we have an injured pigeon in our practice managers office. The GP found it in the road on the way in & rescued it. We are waiting for the RSPCA to come & get it.

Having a bird phobia I have been nowhere near it!! ;)

Err, is that hygeinic? :unsure:

Interesting and not trivial for me, I've just been reminded by t'other board that is exactly 39 years ago today that Leigh beat Leeds 24 -7

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Err, is that hygeinic? :unsure:

It wasnt in a patient area & was in a box

Anyway I gave the bird a good send off last night. Feel a bit delicate today but have to get myself together as am going for lunch with my parents & sister B)

My brother in law is away on his "bike trip" so tonight is a wine & wii night with the girls :D

It wasnt in a patient area & was in a box

Anyway I gave the bird a good send off last night. Feel a bit delicate today but have to get myself together as am going for lunch with my parents & sister B)

I hope pigeon is on the menu! :D

Actually, chicken should be enough of a reminder... :P