Uninteresting Trivial Facts

When I die, I will be the first organism in a family line going back millions of years organism not to have procreated.

We're all very disappointed in you.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I'm doing the human race a favour :P

Let's face it, you're a yokel living in Lancashire. Despite this you claim to be above average intelligence.

Surely you must see that if you don't have kids and grandkids there'll be no-one to laugh at you, cheek you off and sponge money off you when you're old and past it.

Believe me, I know about these things.

;):)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Let's face it, you're a yokel living in Lancashire. Despite this you claim to be above average intelligence.

Surely you must see that if you don't have kids and grandkids there'll be no-one to laugh at you, cheek you off and sponge money off you when you're old and past it.

Believe me, I know about these things.

;):)

:D

Fides invicta triumphat

I was thinking this morning walking into work that I very much enjoy the winter season of women in boots. A bit later, I realised that I miss the summer weather of women wearing skimpy summer wear. A bit later, I realised that I just like looking at pretty women regardless of how they're dressed. I'm now quite content knowing that I'm happy letching all year round. :)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

40 years today since the last moon landing

A related tweet from the QI Elves: "The fuel tanks of the Apollo mission's rockets were so well insulated that an ice cube placed inside one would have taken 8 years to melt."

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Architectural tour of Liverpool Saturday, for a hour or two.

may i suggest you check out this book (especially chapter 8 "Pub Walks"): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walks-Through-History-David-Lewis/dp/1859835503

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• 2 weeks later...

I have spent most of today booking our holiday at the end of January to that there Australia. Two weeks in Queensland strolling down memory lane.

I supplied the air miles. Mrs Timtum supplied the money. Top division of resources.

Oh and I heard on radio 2 the other week that when two people get married you can do the vile thing and join together your surnames. So I would be Scherzindle... :wub:

That could be interesting if we did that. My mrs is Christian, I am Hesketh. Therefore Chris-Hesketh ex Wigan & Salford?

Three very enjoyable weeks away on holiday, got back last night (Friday), all goodwill gone with one trip to Tesco with a store full of ignorant, rude and downright annoying customers. Is a little bit of civility too much to ask for?

A few rules for a busy Saturday morning in a supermarket:

- do not park your trolley sideways on in an aisle while you stand at one end and your brats at the other

- if someone gives way to you in an aisle full of others blocking it then at least nod or smile if you can't open your mouth long enough to say "thank you"

- do not park your car across two parking slots. Your car isn't that nice. If you want space for your car then park at the other end of the car park, there's plenty of space but then you may have to walk for 10-15 extra seconds.

- the middle of the meat aisle isn't the place to have a heart-to-heart conversation with your friend completely blocking the aisle with your trolleys

- control your children while in the fresh food aisles, do not let them touch the food. Also, if you see your filthy urchin putting a grape in his mouth then put it back in the pack on the shelf then do the decent thing and buy the ****ing grapes or at least remove them from the shelf.

- it is not acceptable to walk in a line with your entire family at three paces per hour across the main central path in the supermarket. Consider those who can shuffle faster and maybe want to do some shopping.

- if you're too small to reach something on the top shelf and ask someone to get it for you then have the good grace to say "thank you" when they do so rather than simply complain and say "that's too expensive, I won't bother" then walk away. I don't care if you're old, that does not excuse rudeness.

- it is not the poor girl behind the checkout counter's fault that you're an ######. You are not better than her. If she says "hello" and smiles at you then it's not nice to scowl at her.

- the time to offer up vouchers is BEFORE you pay, not after. Again, it's not the poor girl's fault you're an ######.

- the bumper of my car is not the place to leave your trolley while you're filling your car

- Finally, standing behind my car gossiping when I'm about to reverse is a bad idea. If I ask you very politely to move then don't roll your eyes at me and sigh, there are some angry people out there who might not have reacted as calmly after that shopping trip.

Ah well, back to work on Monday.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

- do not park your car across two parking slots. Your car isn't that nice. If you want space for your car then park at the other end of the car park, there's plenty of space but then you may have to walk for 10-15 extra seconds.

I don't do this but one of my pet hates is people not respecting other peoples cars. I've caught someone opening a door into mine and it was just an 'oh sorry' when I confronted them. Some people just don't think and seem to be in a haze and totally unaware of those around them when out in public.

Fides invicta triumphat

one thing that absolutely drives me mad is the complete arseholes that stay stood at the bar after being served even if the pub is chocka,they just stand and will not move even though punters are struggling dragging pints of ale across their faces or over their heads, i swear to god one of theses days.......

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

one thing that absolutely drives me mad is the complete arseholes that stay stood at the bar after being served even if the pub is chocka,they just stand and will not move even though punters are struggling dragging pints of ale across their faces or over their heads, i swear to god one of theses days.......

Right with you on that one.

Fides invicta triumphat