Uninteresting Trivial Facts

A woodlouse is a land-living crustacean.

There are always at least a dozen of them under each of my wheeliebins.

Yup, they are crustaceans. 

I'd advise against cooking woodlouse cakes, or woodlouse thermidor, as they have an unpleasant taste.

Yup, they are crustaceans. 

I'd advise against cooking woodlouse cakes, or woodlouse thermidor, as they have an unpleasant taste.

With a bit of genetic meddling the taste could be 'fixed'.

Perhaps we could also attached some large claws to make them more 'authentic.

With a bit of genetic meddling the taste could be 'fixed'.

Perhaps we could also attached some large claws to make them more 'authentic.

When eating, much of what we conceive to be "taste" is actually derived from our sense of smell.

According to Wikipedia, woodlouse urine gives off a particularly offensive odour.

I won't be drinking any of this:

https://untappd.com/b/honest-brew-sharps-land-shrimp/486487

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Bradford is well known for having drivers on the road who have not passed their test. I think I've just met one.

About an hour ago, I was going to eat a loaf of bread in Great Horton, driving down a fairly wide road; it was double-parked with cars but comfortably wide enough to allow two-way traffic. Not, however,  for a young female Astra driver going in the opposite direction. She insisted on straddling the white line in the middle of the road and I had to slam my brakes on to let her through, pausing only to press a good blast of the horn and mouth obscenities.

Five minutes ago, I went up to the post office in Clayton and parked on the opposite side of the road. I got out and waited for the only traffic, a single car, it to pass before I could cross the road. The car stopped in the middle of the road .... yes it was a grey Astra ...   and the same female driver waved for me to cross. She showed no sign of having recognised me and I certainly don't know her.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Bradford is well known for having drivers on the road who have not passed their test. I think I've just met one.

About an hour ago, I was going to eat a loaf of bread in Great Horton, driving down a fairly wide road; it was double-parked with cars but comfortably wide enough to allow two-way traffic. Not, however,  for a young female Astra driver going in the opposite direction. She insisted on straddling the white line in the middle of the road and I had to slam my brakes on to let her through, pausing only to press a good blast of the horn and mouth obscenities.

Five minutes ago, I went up to the post office in Clayton and parked on the opposite side of the road. I got out and waited for the only traffic, a single car, it to pass before I could cross the road. The car stopped in the middle of the road .... yes it was a grey Astra ...   and the same female driver waved for me to cross. She showed no sign of having recognised me and I certainly don't know her.

Do you often drive to specific locations to eat loaves of bread?

When eating, much of what we conceive to be "taste" is actually derived from our sense of smell.

According to Wikipedia, woodlouse urine gives off a particularly offensive odour.

I won't be drinking any of this:

https://untappd.com/b/honest-brew-sharps-land-shrimp/486487

Perhaps if we feed them salt water this may improve their odour. 

The Monkees are releasing a new album this year!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happy birthday today to a very mixed bag - Dennis Skinner (84), Mary Quant (82), John Surtees (82), Burt Reynolds (80), Sergio Mendes (75) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson