Uninteresting Trivial Facts

On 21/12/2015 at 3:26 PM, Shadow said:

In the company Christmas raffle of gifts from suppliers I won a bottle of champagne and a case of Fosters

On 21/12/2015 at 3:50 PM, Futtocks said:

Lady Luck giveth and Lady Luck taketh away...

On 02/04/2016 at 9:35 AM, Shadow said:

And this morning I went to the beer fridge in the garage and there is the Fosters still unopened.

The champagne didn't make it past Christmas Eve.

And today the Case of Fosters is still there unopened.

I dropped the wife off just now for a night out, 15 mile round trip, and the car gave me these stats at the end on MPG

IMG_2751_1.jpg

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

43 minutes ago, ckn said:

I dropped the wife off just now for a night out, 15 mile round trip, and the car gave me these stats at the end on MPG

IMG_2751_1.jpg

now that super economy- what make is it?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

now that super economy- what make is it?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. 2016 model. 

The car is virtually flawless under 25 miles of range and barely thinks about turning the engine on. Once the battery drains to 30% though the efficiency drops quickly. I did a 450 mile journey in it at 44mpg. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I was just watching the telly and flicked onto the news where Maggie Thatcher was being discussed somehow and how she survived the early reputational hit of being associated with cuts like milk for school kids.  That reminded me of when I was at primary school, aged about 5 or 6, our daily 1/3 pint of milk suddenly disappeared, one kid asked the teacher where it was, the teacher said "Maggie Thatcher stole it".  For years afterwards I was convinced she'd broken into the school before we all arrived and stole the milk crates for herself...

According to Wikipedia:

British champion heavyweight boxer Dave Pearce was one of seven brothers. 5 boxed professionally. Of the other two:

- one (Simon) was an actor appearing in Starlight Express in the West End.

- one (Luke) boxed as an amateur,  winning the Welsh ABA heavyweight title and fighting for the UK Cage Fighting title. He served with the Welsh Guards and then joined the Royal Air Force. He is currently a Pilot Officer.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

In this Easter period, it's worth some reflection on why Jesus hasn't been back since.

Jesus to a dead Pope: "So, I hear there's a religious observation over the period of my death and resurrection"

Pope: "Yes... it's a four day event!"

JC: "So, what do you call the day I die?"

Pope: "Good Friday"

JC: "Good sodding Friday!  You lot think it was good I got stuck on a cross with nails?!  Go on then, what do you do in the three days before I was resurrected?"

Pope: "Well, there had to be things to do so we got some entertainment in"

JC: (facepalm) "Tell me it was something good at least"

Pope: "Erm, we got people to pretend they were giant rabbits and hand out chocolate eggs to keep the kids from getting bored.  We ran out of popcorn you see"

JC: "In the name of Dad, what has my death and resurrection got to do with rabbits and chocolate eggs"

Pope: "You see, we had to steal the period of time from the pagans and the name Easter is quite a pagan thingy.  Much like we did on you birthday, we know it wasn't your real birthday but we couldn't have the pagans have the solstice periods to themselves, on that one we run ourselves into debt and jealousy while barely recognising you existed"

JC: "So, no-one down there knows the real date of my birth or death yet you're happy to go to war on the literal truth of the peace and reconciliation New Testament?"

Pope:  "It's not like that... "

JC: "That's it, I've sucked up their sins like a mug for 2000 years now and they stuff their faces with chocolate to celebrate my death?  Well, let's give it a couple of thousand more years before I bother to go back again, oh and good luck with Trump, I lost a bet with Dad over how stupid the world could be."

Just received my first same-day free delivery from Amazon. Given that I grew up in an era where every mail order advert included the sentence "allow 28 days for delivery", you can understand that I'm feeling somewhat giddy.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Just received my first same-day free delivery from Amazon. Given that I grew up in an era where every mail order advert included the sentence "allow 28 days for delivery", you can understand that I'm feeling somewhat giddy.

Isn't the modern world wonderful? They used to have only snail mail

I have a postcard that was posted from Ulverston one morning in 1909

The card reads

"I'm catching this mornings train and will be in Newcastle upon Tyne at 2pm. Can you pick me up at the station?"

There were 4 postal deliveries a day in back then

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I'm taking advantage of the wife being away at a hen party to rewrite my CV in perfect peace and quiet.

I'm actually disappointed at my 2013 self for having a CV this poor, that's the last time I had to write one and I thought it was exceptional at the time!  There must be some really abysmal people working if I can get jobs over them with a CV that poor...

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:47 PM, ckn said:

I'm taking advantage of the wife being away at a hen party to rewrite my CV in perfect peace and quiet.

I'm actually disappointed at my 2013 self for having a CV this poor, that's the last time I had to write one and I thought it was exceptional at the time!  There must be some really abysmal people working if I can get jobs over them with a CV that poor...

I have never had a cv

Apart from occasional breaks, I've been binge watching First Dates tonight with the wife. 

6 minutes ago, ckn said:

Apart from occasional breaks, I've been binge watching First Dates tonight with the wife. 

I'm part way through binge-watching the new series of Mystery Science Theater 3000 for the second time.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Does anyone else think it's no coincidence that those crazy clown attacks stopped when Donald Trump found something better to do with his time?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckn said:

Does anyone else think it's no coincidence that those crazy clown attacks stopped when Donald Trump found something better to do with his time?

By "something better", do you mean golf?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

put up a new bird feeder in the garden a few hours ago, as yet no birds, but I suppose attracting birds is something I have never been that great at!

16 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

put up a new bird feeder in the garden a few hours ago, as yet no birds, but I suppose attracting birds is something I have never been that great at!

"Build it and they will come"

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I just bought the cats some treats.  Thrive chicken treats that have "100% real chicken" written at the top of the box.  That was the last box in the old lot, there were rebranded ones behind it that had "100% chicken" in the same place as the old "100% real chicken".  So, do the new ones not have real chicken in them?  Is this Clawphin moving into genetically modified chicken substitutes?