Jump to content

Uninteresting Trivial Facts


Recommended Posts

On 25/04/2017 at 9:09 PM, Bob8 said:

I forget what my first licence plates were in California, but one was stolen.  I called the police and they advised to take the other off, as I had reported the plates missing and it was better to be pulled over politely that be aggressively held up at gun point for driving with stolen plates.

I know of someone who reported his plates stolen (in the UK.) He later found them down the street where he lived, presumably having been removed by waggish drunks. He fixed them back on his car and drove off to meet a friend. He was stopped by the police within a few minutes, who had recorded that the car itself was stolen. They searched the car, found a quantity of ketamine and surmising that he was not a vet, arrested him. He lost his job as an accountant and was sentenced to two years in prison. He served 12 months inside, emerged a fairly broken man and has been unemployed ever since.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


16 minutes ago, JonM said:

I know of someone who reported his plates stolen (in the UK.) He later found them down the street where he lived, presumably having been removed by waggish drunks. He fixed them back on his car and drove off to meet a friend. He was stopped by the police within a few minutes, who had recorded that the car itself was stolen. They searched the car, found a quantity of ketamine and surmising that he was not a vet, arrested him. He lost his job as an accountant and was sentenced to two years in prison. He served 12 months inside, emerged a fairly broken man and has been unemployed ever since.

Good grief.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, JonM said:

I know of someone who reported his plates stolen (in the UK.) He later found them down the street where he lived, presumably having been removed by waggish drunks. He fixed them back on his car and drove off to meet a friend. He was stopped by the police within a few minutes, who had recorded that the car itself was stolen. They searched the car, found a quantity of ketamine and surmising that he was not a vet, arrested him. He lost his job as an accountant and was sentenced to two years in prison. He served 12 months inside, emerged a fairly broken man and has been unemployed ever since.

Some actress from Geordie Shore (whatever that is), fell off a balcony and died in Brighton, the coroners report was released yesterday and it says her blood had large amounts of Cocaine and Ketamine in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Some actress from Geordie Shore (whatever that is), fell off a balcony and died in Brighton, the coroners report was released yesterday and it says her blood had large amounts of Cocaine and Ketamine in it.

Ketamine?

just say Neigh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Shadow said:

316 people voted for me.

Do Likes count?  That would make 319.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Shadow said:

Top Gun was released 31 years ago in October 

never seen it, or any harry potters or lord of rings or game of thrones but I have seen willie wonka with gene wilder.

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

never seen it, or any harry potters or lord of rings or game of thrones but I have seen willie wonka with gene wilder.

Better than the Tim Burton version, but both fall short of enjoyment I got from the book.

And I think 'Hot Shots!' is a better 'Top Gun' than 'Top Gun'. :biggrin:

Edited by Futtocks

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have toothache today. First time since at least the mid-90s. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

for my dinner I've had a meat and potato pie and a steak and ale pie, both in a white teacake each.

Pasty barm.

 

Full.

I think you'll find that was your Lunch.

And Teacakes have raisins in them.

That is all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

for my dinner I've had a meat and potato pie and a steak and ale pie, both in a white teacake each.

Pasty barm.

 

Full.

Good to have you back!  It has been years!

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

for my dinner I've had a meat and potato pie and a steak and ale pie, both in a white teacake each.

Pasty barm.

 

Full.

The word you're looking for is barm cake. This culinary delight is known as a Wigan kebab. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

I think you'll find that was your Lunch.

And Teacakes have raisins in them.

That is all

In some parts of this sceptred isle, a teacake contains marshmallow.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ckn said:

I have toothache today. First time since at least the mid-90s. 

At the dentist waiting on anaesthetic to take effect before he removes a tooth nerve. Lovely. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ckn said:

At the dentist waiting on anaesthetic to take effect before he removes a tooth nerve. Lovely. 

You were at the dentists at two thirty?

Ancient (and slightly racist) joke alert!

  • Like 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Griff9of13 said:

The word you're looking for is barm cake. This culinary delight is known as a Wigan kebab. 

It's called a Batch. Where were you uneducated?

Edited by Bearman

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bearman said:

It's called a Batch. Where were you uneducated?

I used to be a baker. My parents were both bakers. A batch is a very different thing to a barm cake. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Oh dear, here we go again...............

Remember, it's only the regional bickering about what it is called (i.e. what I call it v all the wrong names) that has kept the country too busy for a civil war since 1651.

Edited by Futtocks

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...