Sign in to follow this  
James Vukmirovic

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

couldn't you have simply curled the fingers inwards thus securing said phone in the hand? just a thought

I had it wedged between my ear and shoulder while on a call, I then unsuccessfully tried to grab it to put it down and it slid down my ample cleavage and six-keg towards the keyboard where I tried to rescue it.  I did, but my fingers still mashed the lower keys of my keyboard and Microsoft Word started telling me about the benefits of GPs and pharmacists working together to meet the KPIs in the Service Specification.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

With 15 hours to go until this bid needs to be done, we're knackered.  I've been enforcing minimum 10 minute breaks per hour with me scaring doctors and pharmacists away from computers so their brains don't melt with this bid.  We're starting to get to the point we're needing 20 minutes per hour break to just keep going, I'm being daft and spending my break time on here and drinking coffee.  One doctor got a very loud earful from his wife for missing a Diwali celebration tonight, he was tired and stupid enough to say "damn, I'm missing an evening with your mother".

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

(Lifted from Twitter)

@KFC  follows 11 people.

Those 11 people? 5 Spice Girls and 6 guys named Herb. 

11 Herbs & Spices. 

Genius. :D

• Like 1

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Work done, invoice in, going back to bed to lounge and watch t'game.

• Like 1

There's a video on YouTube by a Glaswegian who gets very angry and starts calling someone a dirty, dirty ####. Because of his regional pronunciation of "dirty" there are Americans in the comments section asking why "duct tape" is an insult.

• Haha 1

Thanks to Pointless, I now know that the correct term for a hashtag or sharp (in musical notation) is an 'octothorp'.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Got a new pair (of blue, obviously) reading glasses yesterday.

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

been to toolstation twice today, once this morn and again this aft

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

22 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Thanks to Pointless, I now know that the correct term for a hashtag or sharp (in musical notation) is an 'octothorp'.

The correct term is sharp. Isn't octothorp a neologism? 

The official Kentucky Fried Chicken Twitter account only follows 11 people; 6 people called Herb and all the Spice Girls.

In another word, 11 herbs and spices: https://twitter.com/kfc/following

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

I discovered yesterday that one of my longest standing (suffering?) customers is the mother in law of Radio 4 Today stalwart, Sarah Montague.

Tesco are selling packs of both milk and dark chocolate Hobnobs for 75p.

The fire alarm went off this afternoon. It turned out to be an electrical fault.

The first person to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel was, judging by this photograph, Harry Redknapp.

Annie_Taylor.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The first person to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel was, judging by this photograph, Harry Redknapp.

Annie_Taylor.jpg

I thought it was mrs cooper?

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

round at my ex-s for my daughters 9th birthday (I can't believe I typed that statement) it only seems like last week.

So I brought my computer up with me, so I could do a job search, but after an hour of searching the usual sites & applied for 10 jobs that I'm not qualified for, I've given up and come on here again.

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Someone just tried to connect with me on LinkedIn from "fivefingerfitness.com"  Erm.  No.  I'm not even going to try that link on a sandboxed machine.

14 minutes ago, ckn said:

Someone just tried to connect with me on LinkedIn from "fivefingerfitness.com"  Erm.  No.  I'm not even going to try that link on a sandboxed machine.

Fitness, of course, requires a suitable diet.

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Fitness, of course, requires a suitable diet.

I've been told that that Five Finger Fitness lot are a legit company.  I wonder how much business they've lost through people like me going "I'm not clicking on that!"  I'm still not going to the website...

Our local council gritters all have names painted on them, like Eddie Stobart Lorries.  So far, I have seen Gritney Spears, Brad Grit, Vanilla Ice, Snow Patrol & Usain Salt

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonM said:

Our local council gritters all have names painted on them, like Eddie Stobart Lorries.  So far, I have seen Gritney Spears, Brad Grit, Vanilla Ice, Snow Patrol & Usain Salt

Is there one called Gary or would that be inappropriate? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Is there one called Gary or would that be inappropriate? 

I looked the whole naming thing up on the council website and it seems like the names were suggested by local schools. So I think that's a no.

The Sydney Harbour Ferries had a competition to name their new ferry. The breakaway winner was Boaty McBoatface. Since that name was already taken, they decided to name it "Ferry McFerryface."

Most of the disapproval came from people who saw it as joke-recycling.

"Three of the vessels named Victor Chang, Kathryn Hamlin and Fred Hollows are iconic Australians, Bungaree and Pemulwuy are two iconic Indigenous leaders and now we go with this nonsense which was a rejected joke in the United Kingdom."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-14/ferry-mcferryface-decision-splits-sydney/9149348

Kathryn Hamlin was in fact so iconic that nobody at the ABC noticed that her name is Catherine.

Edited by Farmduck

24 minutes ago, JonM said:

I looked the whole naming thing up on the council website and it seems like the names were suggested by local schools. So I think that's a no.

It's probably for the best