• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very best of Etta James.

The Chess singles.

yessss!

I'm listening to Kirsty - again :blush:

Edited by Trojan

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

PYAR ZINDAGI by Lata Mangeshkar, Ashe Bhosle, and Mahendra Kapoor.

Just listened to the bonkers but brilliant DUM MARO DUM by Ashe Bhosle.

Having a bit of a Bollywood night.

id_poster.jpg

After hearing Zane Lowe's masterpieces in Radio 1, I've dug out Music for the Jilted Generation by the Prodigy. I've had the album almost 14 years but after hearing the show I've realised it is without a doubt one of the finest dance albums ever made. I think I will one day be sat in a rocking chair telling my Grandkids about it. Awesome.

After hearing Zane Lowe's masterpieces in Radio 1, I've dug out Music for the Jilted Generation by the Prodigy. I've had the album almost 14 years but after hearing the show I've realised it is without a doubt one of the finest dance albums ever made. I think I will one day be sat in a rocking chair telling my Grandkids about it. Awesome.

It is excellent. I saw them at the Marquee just before it came out - they played all the tunes from it.

Fantastic album, and for reasons I don't quite understand it's become my go-to album when I'm on cooking duty.

I've been going through a bit of a NWOBHM phase these past few days...

Diamond Head (Lightning to the Nations playing at the mo)

644684_356x237.jpg

Samson (I wish I was the Saddle of a Schoolgirl's Bike"

stickbrucereading001.jpg

Iron Maiden (back in my good books)

ironmaiden_l.jpg

Saxon (Bring back the Biff - still going strong)

SaxonPromo.jpg

Money (Brum's finest and hugely underrated)

Money%20Sleeve.jpg

Jameson Raid Brum's #2)

1.jpg

Tygers of Pan Tang (Cox Rocks!)

tygers.jpg

Also, a bit of La H

I can remember seeing Diamond Head at Donnington, they only did two songs after people started throwing plastic bottles at them. Tommy Vance came on to try and calm the ###### up crowed down when somebody threw an apple and it smacked him right in the mouth. He threw his mike to the floor and stormed off never to be seen again. I was only 13 and me and my mate thought it was brilliant. It got even better when the toilets were set on fire.

Edited by westhuller