What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

It was someone playing me 'Don't look around'* that got me into Mountain, followed by Leslie West's appearance on a documentary (followed by an album) called 'Night of the Guitar'. In the latter recording, West did 'Theme from an imaginary Western', which also blew my mind.

*a song that's a bit like having a building dropped on you from a great height. But in a good way...

I know what you mean. :)

If they wanted an attention-grabber to kick-off the album, they picked a good one. I've not been able to get that tune out of my head since I listened to the album few days ago.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever find yourself thinking "Wow! That was a great theme." and then not being able to track it down? It's happened a few times to me. At least, with films, they usually list the soundtrack titles.

Yep, I always liked the tune they used for Arena. I found out it was on a Brian Eno album so I bought it. To my dismay, the album track lasts all of about 30 seconds.

Still, not a bad album though.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Karmacode --- Lacuna Coil

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

I heard 'Strapped for Cash' by Fountains of Wayne on the radio this afternoon. Lovely song, and I have now downloaded it from Amazon. :)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This past hour or so I've stumbled across Vitamin String Quartet. I can see any free space on my mp3 rapidly being filled up with choooons from these peeps. Very much excellent.

This is the point where someone tells me they're such old news - if you do, then you're just a liar!

Heads up! There's a Robert Plant & Alison Krauss live gig free to download from BigOZine. Two CD's worth of songs. :)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Some mad dubstep tune on YouTube - the wobbly bass kicks in on the minute mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDBCA_HoTl0...feature=related

I love this stuff - just kids in bedrooms making great music

I recently listened to kraftwerk whilst running (never again) and this sounds like them mixed by mike e bloc. Good to nod to but just dont try running to it.

"Eh Up, potty mouth. I know life hasn't been kind to you, but there's no need to parade your resentful jealousy on here." JohnM 16th April 2020

Well spotted.I've just downloaded it and it's f*****g brilliant. :D

Latest free downloads from http://www.bigozine2.com/

• Focus - London 1972
  • Neil Young - Arena Of Gold 1976
  • Marshall Crenshaw - Philadelphia 1992
  • Eric Clapton & Jeff Beck - Listen To Jeff, Eric!
  • Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Columbia 2008
  • Ronee Blakley - Unreleased Album
  • Air Supply - Cleveland 1982
  • Jeff Beck - Tokyo 2009
  • Leonard Cohen - New York 2009
  • Simon & Garfunkel - Alternate Bookends
  • Beck - KCRW 2006
  • Iron & Wine with Calexico - Seattle 2005
  • Frank Sinatra - Inside September
  • Badfinger - New York 1971
  • East Of Eden - BBC 1970
  • Bruce Springsteen - Philadelphia 1975

Also, plenty of good stuff on http://croz.fm/

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson