What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Sisters of Mercy - Emma - Live at the Albert Hall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GuKrVFm0Hg...feature=related

For some reason I have always found this song (the sisters version rather than the Hot Chocolate version) rather emotional. Given my current state it rings a bell.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The J.Geils Band - Whammer Jammer

Betsy Cook - Diving

Steve Stevens - Run across Desert Sand

Gil Scott-Heron - Madison Avenue

New Radicals - Get what you give

Lindsey Buckingham - Tusk (live)

The Family Stand - Plantation Radio

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On Friday I saw Wilko Johnson in Hebden Bridge. 61 years of age and he's still the most exciting guitarist in Britain.

:rolleyes:

Pleased to hear it. A genius guitar player and one of my all time favourites.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The Leisure Society - The Sleeper. Just arrived from Amazon and spinning here in the office. Very nice - less folksy than Fleet Foxes, but some good songs, especially the rather gorgeously Simon & Garfunkel-inflected 'The Last of the melting Snow'. Worth checking out.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sisters of Mercy - Emma - Live at the Albert Hall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GuKrVFm0Hg...feature=related

For some reason I have always found this song (the sisters version rather than the Hot Chocolate version) rather emotional. Given my current state it rings a bell.

As Max Boyce would annoyingly put it. I was there.

Supersuckers - I Want Drugs - As recommended by ullman ( not drugs the band :D )

Excellent.

Now you just need to get your ears around the rest of 'The Evil Powers Of Rock 'N' Roll'.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Currently enjoying a couple of unusual cover versions, courtesy of Amazon downloads:

• Aynsley Lister - Crazy. The Gnarls Barkley song given a funky acoustic slide guitar treatment.
  • Easy Star All Stars - A Day in the Life. From the album 'Easy Star's Lonely Hearts Dub Band'.

Both mighty fine. B)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Currently Gary US Bonds Twist Twist Senora - a blast from the sixties.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.