What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All three Cymande albums, set to shuffle (with 'Rastafarian Folksong' deleted first). Cool music for hot weather. B)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sparks - Dick around. Completely nuts. :D

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I went to see Hawkwind last night in York, they finished with this and it was excellent.

One notable thing about it was I have never seen Dave Brock get so involved at front of stage before - when I have seen them before he has usually stood at the back playing guitar or keyboards. Last night he was he up front, playing guitar and singing on every song.

Edited by paley

I went to see Hawkwind last night in York, they finished with this and it was excellent.

One notable thing about it was I have never seen Dave Brock get so involved at front of stage before - when I have seen them before he has usually stood at the back playing guitar or keyboards. Last night he was he up front, playing guitar and singing on every song.

Been listening to Hawkwind a lot recently. At their best they are very, very good indeed.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Aye Hawkwind have had some fine moments and are still a great live act. Dave Brock is 68 :O

Their new bassist, Mr Dibs, is very good too. Not quite up there with Alan Davey but still good value.

I really like Hurry on Sundown from their first album, they never really did anything similar again but it's a great song

Edited by paley

One step on my religious conversion from metal/hardcore to anything. Orbital at Glastonbury in '94 were superb. One of those moments in time I am so glad I was present at. The sun was going down, the few clouds were lit in radiant colours and the "other" stage was singing in tongues. Just beautiful.

Two free downloads from Amazon's MP3 download service.

ZZ Top - Gimme all your Lovin'

Diana Krall - The Girl from Ipanema

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Joe Bonamassa - The Ballad of John Henry

top guitar player and on tour in the UK this year.

edit: what do you reckon to Keb Mo?

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Ruben Blades - The Best of...

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly

Fleet Foxes - Sun King

Jerry Garcia - Cats under the Stars

Ralph Waldo Emerson