What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Charles Mingus - Mingus ah um.

319ZNEXPaKL._SL500_AA160_.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reelin in the years: steely dan dead dead loud-next doors on holiday

then the rest of can't buy a thrill when me and the dog get back from the paper shop

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

reelin in the years: steely dan dead dead loud-next doors on holiday

then the rest of can't buy a thrill when me and the dog get back from the paper shop

Nice - I recently bought the 'Citizen Steely Dan' box set.

And I've just transferred Donald Fagen's 'The Nightfly' from vinyl to lossless wma, so I can listen to it on my morning commute. B)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice - I recently bought the 'Citizen Steely Dan' box set.

And I've just transferred Donald Fagen's 'The Nightfly' from vinyl to lossless wma, so I can listen to it on my morning commute. B)

the nbightfly has one of my favourite album covers

Keeping it local

I ve spent the last 3 months training for a marathon listening to mostly coldcut journeys by dj. Completely amazing. Makes tublar bells look like childs play.

"Eh Up, potty mouth. I know life hasn't been kind to you, but there's no need to parade your resentful jealousy on here." JohnM 16th April 2020

I ve spent the last 3 months training for a marathon listening to mostly coldcut journeys by dj. Completely amazing. Makes tublar bells look like childs play.

that's because it was

Keeping it local

So classic I kept posting it apparently. I am not sure what happend there

Yeah yer feckers, you made me dig out the LP.

Just listening to Stargazer. My word Ronnie Dio has got a fantastic voice.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Yeah yer feckers, you made me dig out the LP.

Just listening to Stargazer. My word Ronnie Dio has got a fantastic voice.

he does. I saw him with Sabbath on the Mob Rules tour. He is much cissed but a hell of a voice

he does. I saw him with Sabbath on the Mob Rules tour. He is much cissed but a hell of a voice

He gave Sabbath a new lease of life. Mob Rules and Heaven And Hell have some outstanding tunes.

On my second hearing of Light In The Black at the mo. Thanks to VRG and your good self.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Fairport Convention

Sandy Denny eh? :(

I know nothing of Fairport Convention, but I love Sandy Denny's vocals on Led Zeppelin's Battle Of Evermore.

Sandy Denny again. No idea what she is on about but it's just beautiful

IMHO her best stuff is on Fotheringay

but her best song and performance by a mile is who knows where the time goes. It makes me fill up

Keeping it local

Here's another YouTube linky for Ullman. I know you liked the Humble Pie version of "I Don't Need No Doctor", so I think you'll love this one. After Pie, Steve Marriott formed a band called Packet of Three and this is their take on the number. It starts with a nod to the blues origins of the number (Ray Charles) and after about a minute explodes into a full-on rock version. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFy_xlzN5Sw

I am really getting into Humble Pie and Steve Marriott. Can't work out how I missed them first time round.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Here's another YouTube linky for Ullman. I know you liked the Humble Pie version of "I Don't Need No Doctor", so I think you'll love this one. After Pie, Steve Marriott formed a band called Packet of Three and this is their take on the number. It starts with a nod to the blues origins of the number (Ray Charles) and after about a minute explodes into a full-on rock version. Enjoy.

Thanks for that. I really enjoyed it. Love the blues intro and the way it launches into rip-snorting rock 'n' roll.