What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Thanks for that. I really enjoyed it. Love the blues intro and the way it launches into rip-snorting rock 'n' roll.

Good, eh? ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another YouTube linky for Ullman. I know you liked the Humble Pie version of "I Don't Need No Doctor", so I think you'll love this one. After Pie, Steve Marriott formed a band called Packet of Three and this is their take on the number. It starts with a nod to the blues origins of the number (Ray Charles) and after about a minute explodes into a full-on rock version. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFy_xlzN5Sw

I am really getting into Humble Pie and Steve Marriott. Can't work out how I missed them first time round.

smokin was a good album

their version of C'Mon Everybody rips the floor up.

enjoying 'Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel' by tavares off one of my daughters compilations at the mo.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Just arrived in the post:

• Strauss/Kempe/RPO - Alpine Symphony & Horn Concerto (Testament re-issue)
  • Donald Fagen - The Nightfly Trilogy Box Set (Seven Discs). Not remastered, alas, but with lots of extra audio and video bonus goodies.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Steve Earle - Galway Girl

For all people pretending to be legends. This is how to do it.

you can keep your springsteens

earle is the man

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Hayseed Dixie's version of 'Ace of Spades', currently available as a free download from Amazon. B)

They are curiously listenable, even though the concept seems so flawed.

However, the blues are back with me.

This sums it all up

Curiously, it's also the song I played when I left my wife, sunroof up, windows down, full volume.

Drink and the blues don't cure anything, but they can be good companions when you need something.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Excellent! Dub Colossus have released an EP 'Return to Addis' which serves as an addition to their recent album 'Dub Colossus in a Town called Addis'. B)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

They are curiously listenable, even though the concept seems so flawed.

However, the blues are back with me.

This sums it all up

Curiously, it's also the song I played when I left my wife, sunroof up, windows down, full volume.

Drink and the blues don't cure anything, but they can be good companions when you need something.

Not curious at all! :D Plus it's a great track. Who says white men can't sing the blues?

I've not come across Gary Moore much, but last year, I was in Goa and the bar had this big screen TV playing what I could have sworn was the Allman Brothers Band's "Statesboro' Blues". Wrong. It was Gary Moore. Excellent stuff.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.