What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

In honour of getting tickets to the 20th Anniversary show in October, I'm listening to Doolittle by the Pixies over and over again. :D

Doesn't time fly? I worked for them on the London end of the tour. Still marvellous.

And in an eighties vein

the incomparable Hurrah with Around and around

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not curious at all! :D Plus it's a great track. Who says white men can't sing the blues?

I've not come across Gary Moore much, but last year, I was in Goa and the bar had this big screen TV playing what I could have sworn was the Allman Brothers Band's "Statesboro' Blues". Wrong. It was Gary Moore. Excellent stuff.

For any Gary Moore fans, there's an old Sight And Sound gig of his on BBC4 this Friday at 10pm.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just in from the pub and now have David Bowie doing a bit from Drive in saturday,All the young dudes,Alladin Sane,Rock and roll suicide etc etc ...TFF You Tube....a good mix of early Bowie with no need to change the record player/tape/DVD.

NICE

Paul Kelly & the Coloured Girls - Gossip.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

How did you ever come across Paul Kelly's stuff? I thought nobody outside of Aussie ever heard of him? Not a fan meself.

Years back, I read a review in a UK magazine of 'Under the Sun' and gave it a try. His stuff can be a bit over-earnest sometimes, but when he's good, he's very good. Usually the upbeat stuff works best, in my experience.

It also led me on to try out some other Aussie music - The Angels, the Triffids, Cold Chisel, Black Sorrows etc. - bands that didn't get much promotion outside their home country.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another band I "missed" first time round - Jefferson Airplane/Starship. Try this one - "White Rabbit". The lyrics are brilliant.

Also, try this from Grace Slick herself - "El Diablo".

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

usually followed by their version of Feeling Good.

With my daughter here, step daughter gone, things have settled nicely.

Relatively speaking.

Son due down for a visit next weekend too, I'm off work for a week and it's not due to health, life's about as good as it'll be at the mo... B)

edit: I must learn to spell.

Edited by goldcard

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

For any Gary Moore fans, there's an old Sight And Sound gig of his on BBC4 this Friday at 10pm.

######.

Neglect a thread and miss vital info.

Ho-hum... bolox...

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

In the post this morning, courtesy of that obliging Mr Amazon:

• The Angels' eponymous debut album. Recently-ish re-released.
  • David Oistrakh - The Complete EMI Recordings. Seventeen CDs of pure violin mastery for about 30 quid. Bargain. :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Joy Formidable

Probably one, if not the best unsigned band I have ever seen live.

Bloody noisy for a 3 piece!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!