What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....and round about the same since I saw them support the Smiths on their first big national tour. I think that song is, although definitely of its time, rather super.

They were one of the bands The Housemartins were referring to when they described themselves as the fourth best band in Hull.

Good to hear it again. Cheers.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Ooo, a promising-looking Steely Dan download on the BigOZine site! Complete performances of the albums 'Aja' and 'The Royal Scam'. :)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've been digitising a few choice LPs for portable listening, starting with some oldies but goodies:

• Joe Walsh - The Smoker you drink, the Player you get
  • Paul Simon - Graceland
  • Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Weld
  • Frank Zappa - Apostrophe ( ' )
  • The Persuasions - No Frills

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I do like to see Dave Grohl drumming. Always feel a bit sorry for the other chap.

I saw Nirvana before Grohl joined them, their drummer at the time looked like a gonk, all long hair.

I saw Dave Grohl drumming with QOTSA, that was good.

Anyway, my infatuation with Fairporrt Convention and Sandy Denny continues

Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse have collaborated on an album, 'Dark Night of the Soul', to accompany a book of photographs by David Lynch. Unfortunately, EMI have slapped a ban on it being released, as one of the artists is contracted to them.

Consequently, the book comes with a blank CD-R, and the instructions to "do with it as you will" (i.e. download the album if you can find it). Given the line-up of guest stars, this might be worth checking out. Tracklisting is as follows:

• 01 Revenge (featuring The Flaming Lips)
  • 02 Just War (featuring Gruff Rhys)
  • 03 Jaykub (featuring Jason Lytle)
  • 04 Little Girl (featuring Julian Casablancas)
  • 05 Angel's Harp (featuring Black Francis)
  • 06 Pain (featuring Iggy Pop)
  • 07 Star Eyes (I Can't Catch It) (featuring David Lynch)
  • 08 Everytime I'm with You (featuring Jason Lytle)
  • 09 Insane Lullaby (featuring James Mercer)
  • 10 Daddy's Gone (featuring Mark Linkous and Nina Persson)
  • 11 The Man Who Played God (featuring Suzanne Vega)
  • 12 Grim Augury (featuring Vic Chesnutt)
  • 13 Dark Night of the Soul (featuring David Lynch)
Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

'Hands' album by Little Boots.

No idea where it rates on the cool-o-meter but I'm lovin it, especially 'Remedy' which if there is any justice will be (or maybe has been already, I dunno) a number 1 hit, and her duet with Phil Oakey, which inevitably sounds like The Human League reborn, and nowt wrong with that IMO! :D

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Damn the Torpedoes. The first LP I ever owned. Still great.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Damn the Torpedoes. The first LP I ever owned. Still great.

I like lot of Petty's stuff. The Heartbreakers have a brilliant guitarist who's name ewscapes me.

now listening to the taste debut album. Ah the memories

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I like lot of Petty's stuff. The Heartbreakers have a brilliant guitarist who's name ewscapes me.

Mike Campbell. Still with the band, and also played on Petty's 'Mudcrutch' album. Brilliant guitarist.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mike Campbell. Still with the band, and also played on Petty's 'Mudcrutch' album. Brilliant guitarist.

beat me to it! reached over and checked an album cover and there he was.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

This has to be my fav thread on the forums. Thanks futtocks I am now listening to this again after a couple of years gathering dust :D

Tom Petty - Wildflowers.

This has to be my fav thread on the forums. Thanks futtocks I am now listening to this again after a couple of years gathering dust :D

Tom Petty - Wildflowers.

This is the first thread I check for updates.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Not a bad way start!

Mine was Cosmo's Factory by Creedence Clearwtaer Revival. Purchased for the princely sum of 39/11.