What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rage Against The Machine-Killing In The Name Of

Just downloaded it from i-tunes.I'm supporting the facebook campaign to make this xmas no 1 and stop anything connected to x-factor getting the top spot.

What??? They're digging up that song again?

If X Factor bugs you so much then just don't watch it, surely? Thats what I do. I have never seen an episode of the show apart from it being on TV one night in a pub. Its easy to avoid.

George Strait - TWang

Absolutely awesome!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Recent aural pleasures* chez Futtocks.

• Buckwheat Zydeco - Where there's Smoke, there's Fire. Includes a excellent cover of the Stones' 'Beast of Burden'.
  • Ian Hunter - Ian Hunter
  • The Leisure Society - A Product of the Ego Drain
  • Harry Nillson - Nilsson Schmillson.
  • Ronnie Montrose - The Diva Station.
  • Colin James - Colin James. His first album, a wild and cocky blues/rock'n'roll debut. Touches of Brian Setzer in the swingier tracks.

*leave it! ;)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gargoyles reunion gig at the Adelphi last night. With former Housemartins Ted Key and Hugh Whitaker in fine form. Hugh stayed in the stool after the Gargoyles set and was joined on stage by a fine bunch of musicians, including some former Red Guitars members. I don't know what they called themselves but they played a superb rocking R&B set, including the best version of Booker T's Green Onions I've ever heard.

Absolutely brilliant night.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Sometimes only certain songs will do

Tim Buckley had the voice

I love Tim's version of this beautiful song - although if I had to choose a song that captures Tim at his most loose-limbed, summery, jazzy and free (man) I'd go for Buzzin' Fly from his Happy/Sad album.

LINK

For vocal majesty and exotically orchestrated pop balladeering, how about anything from Scott Walker's first 4 solo albums?

"If you go away, on this summer's day..."

What I've been listening to. Not festive but whatcha gonna go about it?

• John Kay - Forgotten Songs and Unsung Heroes
  • Manitoba's Wild Kingdom (a.k.a. the Dictators) - And you...?
  • Buffy Sainte-Marie - Coincidence and likely Stories
  • Sly & Robbie - Rhythm Killers ("BASS... the final frontier")
  • Paul Kelly & the Messengers - Under the Sun

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It has become a tradition with our family to have Thomas Beecham's orchestration of Handel's 'Messiah' playing during Christmas lunch. Gets you in the mood. :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson