Recently:

• Minnie Riperton - Best of
  • Best of Mountain Stage - Vol.4
  • John Zorn - The Big Gundown
  • Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
  • P.M.Dawn - The Bliss Album
  • Masters of Reality - The Blue Garden
  • Mike Keneally - Hat

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A song Danny Baker played on his show the other day; 'Roscoe' by Midlake. Very laid-back, with Fleetwood Mac Mk.2-style vocal harmonies.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

A song Danny Baker played on his show the other day; 'Roscoe' by Midlake. Very laid-back, with Fleetwood Mac Mk.2-style vocal harmonies.

Can't recommend Midlake highly enough. The album this came from was my favourite album of 2008. New album out on Monday which is supposed to sound like Fairport Convention.

I'm currently listening to

Gonna Take a Miracle - Laura Nyro and Labelle

Shouldn't work but it does and I think its going to become one of my all time favourites. Basically an album of unbelievably good covers.

Can't recommend Midlake highly enough. The album this came from was my favourite album of 2008. New album out on Monday which is supposed to sound like Fairport Convention.

Danny played another track of theirs on today's show.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Foggy Mountain Breakdown (Bonnie & Clyde music) Earl Scruggs, Lester Flatt and the Foggy Mountain Boys.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

By the power of t'internet last night I tuned into the Gideon Coe Show on BBC 6 Music.

Apart from the dreadful Faith No More set, it was very splendid...

....in particular the four live songs from the incomparable Warren Zevon. Throw in Atmosphere by Joy Division, and some stuff from Felt; a good listen.

Also listening to the BBC Radio 4 Smiley season, starting of course with Tim Brooke Taylor Soldier Spy.

By the power of t'internet last night I tuned into the Gideon Coe Show on BBC 6 Music.

Apart from the dreadful Faith No More set, it was very splendid...

....in particular the four live songs from the incomparable Warren Zevon. Throw in Atmosphere by Joy Division, and some stuff from Felt; a good listen.

Also listening to the BBC Radio 4 Smiley season, starting of course with Tim Brooke Taylor Soldier Spy.

Tonight live stuff from Wedding Present and the Kinks. Ca me va!