What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought two albums that I'm really enjoying, "Infinite Arms" by Band of Horses and "The Big To Do" by The Drive By Truckers. I'm getting to like American Rock/Country quite a lot.

Yep, an old pal of Hunter S.Thompson too - both sadly missed.

Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy then Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner. I have only just discovered Warren Zevon after he came up on my Tom Petty station on Last Fm. I am off to the States next month and will try and pick up some of his CD's when I am out there.

Edited by westhuller

are you wearing a vest? :D

I'm wearing a blue and white striped tee shirt, that looks remarkably like the old Fev shirt.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Yep, an old pal of Hunter S.Thompson too - both sadly missed.

Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy then Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner. I have only just discovered Warren Zevon after he came up on my Tom Petty station on Last Fm. I am off to the States next month and will try and pick up some of his CD's when I am out there.

Zevon was brilliant, and those are two great trtacks from a wide and fascinating back catalogue. You can pick up his stuff quite easily over here.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Zevon was brilliant, and those are two great trtacks from a wide and fascinating back catalogue. You can pick up his stuff quite easily over here.

I have Werewolves of London by him.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Peter Gabriel - No more Mickey

Frank Zappa - Filthy Habits

Paul Simon - Wartime Prayer (live)

Silver Convention - Get up and boogie

P.B.R Streetgang - Didn't live long

Madness - My Girl

Tapeworm Collective - Tre Kronor

Nick Drake - Courting Blues

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jerry Garcia - (I'm a) Roadrunner

Santana - Guajira

Annette Peacock - I'm the one

Dillard & Clark - I bowed my Head and cried Holy

The Highwaymen - Against the Wind

Marc Ford - Hell or Highwater

Ken Nordine - Turquoise

Curtis Mayfield - This Year

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My name is westhuller and I'm an addict . Its called Bob Dylan. why his music has taken 41 years to change my views on music I dont know how and why but it has it's and its for the better. Currently listening to The Hurricane again :D

My name is westhuller and I'm an addict . Its called Bob Dylan. why his music has taken 41 years to change my views on music I dont know how and why but it has it's and its for the better. Currently listening to The Hurricane again :D

Thanks to the above post, I'm just starting up Dylan's The Groom's still waiting at the Altar. :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gandalf Murphy & the Slambovian Circus of Dreams - Sunday in the Rain

Joe Henry - The Diving Bell

Rob Wasserman & Dan Hicks - Gone with the Wind

DJ QBert - Turntable TV (re-vizion)

Vivian Stanshall - Dwarf Succulents

Kenyon Hopkins - Midnight Walk

The Angels - Easy Prey

Ozomatli - Aqui no sera

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Orange Blossoms by JJ & Mofro - funky, bluesy, catchy.

'Swamp rock', apparently.

http://www.mofro.net/music

I've got Mofro's 'Blackwater' album. Good stuff. :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Animals - what a fantastic British blues band, Burdon really had the voice for it. The perhaps little known For Miss Caulker (released on the B side of Bring it on Home to Me) has asome fantastic blues piano introduction from Alan Price, and Burdon's vocals are great.

Clement Attlee.

Robert Randolph & the Family Band - Three Stroke

Count Basie - Lester leaps in

The Black Sorrows - Down to the Sea (live)

Broken Bells - Citizen

Jaco Pastorius - Amerika

Zulu Spear - Chin up

No.1 de No.1 - Guajira Van

The Who - Baba O'Reilly

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Drive by Truckers - The Big to Do

Fantastic album. A sort of southern boogie/Crazy horse/Neil Young type thing. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Now that sounds good.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.