What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the excellent Dime a Dozen site, I've been enjoying various live stuff by John Prine, Morcheeba, The Staple Singers and Gil Scott-Heron. Life ain't so bad. :)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just bought two new albums and am blown away by both, first is "The Suburbs" by the brilliant Arcade Fire and the second is "Praise and Blame" by Tom Jones. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Normally the phrase "Canadian art collective" is enough to send sane men scurrying for cover, but the Arcade Fire are quite wonderful. Looking forward to getting the Suburbs very much indeed.

And thanks as ever Futtocks for the recommendations.

And thanks as ever Futtocks for the recommendations.

Have you joined Dime?

I only signed up yesterday afternoon, and there's been about three or four pages' worth added since then. Amazing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have you joined Dime?

I only signed up yesterday afternoon, and there's been about three or four pages' worth added since then. Amazing.

Oh yes! Love the small avatar signifying a folk recording.

About half an hour from me in the Aude Valley (and based in the home town of RL / Arts / Resistance hero Paul Barriere), the very wonderful Radio Ballade

http://www.radioballade.com/

In a country where Phil Collins is still considered worthy of most radio playlists, this radio station is a haven of good, bad but always interesting music. I've just travelled through the late evening to a diet of groovy drum and bass (which isn't my thing), and earlier on had some Tom Waits singing in French. Highly recommended as a more left field Radio 6 alternative.

Green On Red - Zombie For Love, great band, great songs.

Some of Chuck Prophet's solo stuff is also worth checking out.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

going through my INXS collection.

What a great live band they were too. Saw them twice. Both fantastic gigs

Ever heard the Was (not Was) cover version of 'Listen like Thieves'? V.good. :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

going through my INXS collection.

What a great live band they were too. Saw them twice. Both fantastic gigs

And, almost as soon as you posted this, someone uploaded a 1983 INXS gig to the Dime website. Spooooky... :huh:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lady Anteballum - FABULOUS!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

For the Floydists on here - David Gilmour and Roger Waters play 4 songs together. A live 'do' for the Hoping charity.

1 To Know Him Is To Love Him

2 Wish You Were Here

3 Comfortably Numb

4. Another Brick In The Wall Pt.2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

For the Floydists on here - David Gilmour and Roger Waters play 4 songs together. A live 'do' for the Hoping charity.

1 To Know Him Is To Love Him

2 Wish You Were Here

3 Comfortably Numb

4. Another Brick In The Wall Pt.2

Got tickets for Roger Waters next May in Manchester - ding dong!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Listening to John Peel's lad on 6 radio. If you stretch some of the phraseology (which you get for free on an internet link) it is really rather uncanny.

I miss him - annoying and entertaining in equal measure.