What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albums:

• Kraftwerk - Autobahn
  • Peter Frampton - Frampton comes alive! I'd forgotten how enjoyable this album is. :)
  • King's X - Gretchen goes to Nebraska
  • Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Damn the Torpedoes
  • Selda Bagcan - Selda. Lo-fi Turkish psychedelic pop-folk, with Eastern vocal melodies and fuzzed-out electric guitar. Strange, eerie, totally incomprehensible, but rather good.

Tracks:

• Yusuf Islam - Roadsinger
  • Zulu Spear - Chin up
  • Judee Sill - Jesus was a Crossmaker
  • Talking Heads - Life during Wartime
  • John Phillips - Mississippi
  • Beck - Tropicalia

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wish I'd have known. Many there?

Enjoyed Hazy Shade of Winter by Simon and Garfunkel on Radio 2 this teatime.

Very good turnout, must have been close to a 1,000 punters.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled Water: a vinyl rip from the special edition 45rpm LP box set. The sound quality is superb, the guitar and percussion on 'Cecilia' was so dynamic, I almost jumped out of my skin.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled Water: a vinyl rip from the special edition 45rpm LP box set. The sound quality is superb, the guitar and percussion on 'Cecilia' was so dynamic, I almost jumped out of my skin.

Is that one of your own rips or is it from that excellent site paley put us onto?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Is that one of your own rips or is it from that excellent site paley put us onto?

From the site. I own the album on CD and comparing the two is a bit of an embarrassment for the silver disc.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

From the site. I own the album on CD and comparing the two is a bit of an embarrassment for the silver disc.

I can believe it :D

I downloaded Creedence Clearwater Revival's Green River. It sounds brilliant. As paley pointed out at the time, they're using some serious kit.

I can believe it :D

I downloaded Creedence Clearwater Revival's Green River. It sounds brilliant. As paley pointed out at the time, they're using some serious kit.

These rips are my my first experience of the effects of a parallel-tracking tonearm.

Given the difficulty in getting the final tracks on certain problem albums to play really well with a pivoted arm, I am impressed with the results.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mountain - Don't turn around.

A blast of proto-metal from one of the original power trios. And while many hold a torch for John Bonham, Keith Moon or Mitch Mitchell, Corky Laing also could batter seven shades of snot out of a drum kit with considerable style. B)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mountain - Don't turn around.

A blast of proto-metal from one of the original power trios. And while many hold a torch for John Bonham, Keith Moon or Mitch Mitchell, Corky Laing also could batter seven shades of snot out of a drum kit with considerable style. B)

I absolutely love that tune. Nantucket Sleighride is one of my favourite albums and a bit of a minor classic IMO.

Agree about Corky Laing too. :D