What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Kraftwerk-Radioactivity

I used to hate Kraftwerk with a passion when I was young - some half-baked notion of it not being 'real' because it was all keyboards, sequencers and computers.

Embarrassing, when I look back on it. The live version of 'Radioactivity' on Minimum/Maximum is also fantastic.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to hate Kraftwerk with a passion when I was young - some half-baked notion of it not being 'real' because it was all keyboards, sequencers and computers.

Embarrassing, when I look back on it. The live version of 'Radioactivity' on Minimum/Maximum is also fantastic.

I was totally the opposite,hated all the "hippy" guitar bands.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

I was totally the opposite,hated all the "hippy" guitar bands.

It were all Two-Tone round here when I was a lad...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've always been a fan. Some of their melodies are fantastic.

I was listening to the 12" single of Tour De France the other day. Absolutely brilliant soundscape.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I still think that

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Earth, Wind & Fire - Raise! Trumpetty. Very trumpetty.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

David Bowie & Dana Gillespie - Bowpromo1. Very odd to hear someone other than The Dame singing 'Andy Warhol'.

Levon Helm - Dirt Farmer.

Nat 'King' Cole - The very Thought of you.

J.Geils Band - Full House Live.

Sly & Robbie - A Dub Experience.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Dickies - Banana Splits

That's my current ringtone... great version.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Currently listening to The Go! Team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHwIT_aQj4M

Seeing them at truck festival in a few weeks....cider fueled dancing most likely...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• 2 weeks later...

This is part of the show from the 'It's Alive' LP, (the greatest live rock n roll LP ever). I would willingly give my left knacker to have been there. The business, no question

Part 2 and 3 are there too(ie the whole show).

It's on the "It's Alive 1974-1996" DVD set in its entirety, along with several other gems.

Buy it mate, you won't regret it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

This is part of the show from the 'It's Alive' LP, (the greatest live rock n roll LP ever). I would willingly give my left knacker to have been there. The business, no question

Part 2 and 3 are there too(ie the whole show).

Excellent