What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Been watching this year's High Voltage festival on Sky Anytime (available until tomorrow). The new Thin Lizzy, Slash and the superb Judas Priest doing Living After Midnight, Breaking the Law and a jaw-dropping Painkiller.

I never got Judas Priest. I saw Thin Lizzy on the Renegades tour - now that was a superb live band

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Thin Lizzy

Eh? Who's filling Phil's cuban heels, then?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I never got Judas Priest. I saw Thin Lizzy on the Renegades tour - now that was a superb live band

Now we're talking. I saw Lizzy a couple of times. They were absolute dynamite as a live band. Lynott remains the best front man I've ever seen.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Slayer - when they were awesome

That's from the excellent 'Still Reigning' DVD. The clip stops before the gloriously OTT downpour of 'blood' from above the stage at the finale.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just opened my self a Spotify account and got my self a laptop and Cambridge Audio Dacmagic. Currently listening to Steve Earle and I am very surprised by the results.

Computer audio can be very good indeed. I mainly listen to my music via a laptop/DAC these days.

Mind you, I've had a go on Spotify, and I was surprised that there was quite a lot of stuff I searched for that they didn't have. Mind you, sometimes GrooveShark can fill the gaps.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Computer audio can be very good indeed. I mainly listen to my music via a laptop/DAC these days.

Mind you, I've had a go on Spotify, and I was surprised that there was quite a lot of stuff I searched for that they didn't have. Mind you, sometimes GrooveShark can fill the gaps.

Thanks for that.Spotify Premium bit rate is 320kbps and I have to say it sounds fantastic through the Dacmagic. BBC 3 and Linn Classical Radio are both at 320 kbphs too.Its my birthday 0n thursday so I pushed the boat out on the Dac a bit but it was well worth the money.

I'm waiting for ullman to come and burn me like a witch for going over to the dark side of digital music. Dont worry mate I haven't sold my Rega Planar 3 yet :biggrin:

Edited by westhuller

Thanks for the link to GrooveShark! Got myself some Primitai on now. New NWOBHM.

The Best of Arlo Guthrie

Osibisa - Woyaya

Phil Manzanera - Southern Cross

Traffic - The low Spark of high heeled Boys

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for that.Spotify Premium bit rate is 320kbps and I have to say it sounds fantastic through the Dacmagic. BBC 3 and Linn Classical Radio are both at 320 kbphs too.Its my birthday 0n thursday so I pushed the boat out on the Dac a bit but it was well worth the money.

I'm waiting for ullman to come and burn me like a witch for going over to the dark side of digital music. Dont worry mate I haven't sold my Rega Planar 3 yet :biggrin:

You're in luck mate. The torch kept blowing out when I was riding me pushbike down 'ezzle Roard.

The Best of Arlo Guthrie

Osibisa - Woyaya

Phil Manzanera - Southern Cross

Traffic - The low Spark of high heeled Boys

Just bought that LP. I used to have on cassette and hadn't heard it in years. It really is a great album.

Tell me more of this sorcery of which you speak.

We've just moved and all my LPs and audio gear are in boxes. I haven't got a clue where a ) everything is or b ) where to put it if I find it. I can't even find the knackin' computer speakers.