What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Graham Nash went on to do some pretty fine stuff with Crosby and Stills* too. Talking of which, and seeing as it's December... enjoy!

*and occasionally Young.

There was a bit on the programme about how he completely left behind his life in Britain (including his marriage) to start a new life in the U.S.

Didn't turn out too badly for him.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Nine Black Alps at Adelphi last night.

It's beyond me how a band that good are still playing to audiences of only 40-50 people in small venues. From a selfish point of view I'm glad they are but they really deserve a wider audience.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Listened all the way through Todd Rundgren's magnum opus 'Something/Anything?' Just superb.

Then followed it up with Bobby Womack & Damon Albarn in session of French radio. Pretty much unlistenable - I managed two-and-a-bit songs and gave up. To restore my faith in the guy, I played side 1 of Bobby's classic album 'The Poet'. So, SO much better.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Listened all the way through Todd Rundgren's magnum opus 'Something/Anything?' Just superb.

Then followed it up with Bobby Womack & Damon Albarn in session of French radio. Pretty much unlistenable - I managed two-and-a-bit songs and gave up. To restore my faith in the guy, I played side 1 of Bobby's classic album 'The Poet'. So, SO much better.

Out of interest why was it unlistenable?

Out of interest why was it unlistenable?

For a start, it was very sloppy, vocally and instrumentally. But the songs I managed to listen through were lousy, too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mingus Big Band - Self Portrait in Three Colours. on Spotify. oops its finished in the time it has taken me to type this,

now its Truly Your Friend - Lucky Peterson

lifts the gloom when writing about designing, building, installing and supporting machinery for the root crop agricultural industry.

• 2 weeks later...

Mingus Big Band - Self Portrait in Three Colours. on Spotify. oops its finished in the time it has taken me to type this,

I'm a big fan of his album 'The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady'.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bobby Womack & Damon Albarn in session of French radio. Pretty much unlistenable

See you Damon Albarn and raise you Duffy's second album ... now that is truly unlistenable, whereas her first one was fantastic.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police