What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Something rather lovely:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ollie, from classic Stax soul outfit Ollie & the Nightingales, still had ithe right stuff even later on in life.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now this is a total classic that nobody seems to know. (even most punks)

Chelsea - No ones coming outside. 

I'm sure it won't surprise you to hear they're still on the go. My brother's band were supporting them at a gig in Wakefield a month or two back.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I'm sure it won't surprise you to hear they're still on the go. My brother's band were supporting them at a gig in Wakefield a month or two back.

Old punks never die. They just get married and have to learn some hard lessons about personal hygiene.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old punks never die. They just get married and have to learn some hard lessons about personal hygiene.

I'm so bored with the C.S.A.?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Classic West Coast harminising from 1969.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I actually slightly prefer this to the Beatles' original. Manzanera, Eno & Co. give it a great groove.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Free download album from Australian band The Black Sorrows - a selection of the bandleader's personal favourites from previous releases. Can't argue with zero pounds (or Aussie dollars)!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Kenny Lynch and the word "funky" - nver seen in the same sentence? WRONG! What a groove from Brucie'n'Tarbie's best mate!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Because there are children in the house I am basically listening to 'Let it Go'.  So here's a version in 25 languages:

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

See earlier Kenny Lynch post - here's what happens when Johnny "when a child is born" Mathis hooks up with Nile Rodgers. Lovely!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Because there are children in the house I am basically listening to 'Let it Go'.  So here's a version in 25 languages:

I have been listening to a YouTube version done by a man who can impersonate all of the Muppets and classic Disney cartoon characters. 

Disclaimer *** I've got kids, honest****

Off the scale - here's a bit of Zoogz Rift!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Dixie Dregs' treatment of 'Wabash Cannonball'.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

One for the old Blues heads now:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Mona and Maria, channelling 'Twin Peaks' era Angelo Badalamenti.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

As the man says 'You like rock 'n' roll don't you?'

Love that song! :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I listened to some of "Gwylym Lloyd - Live at Craven Park" tonight.

Sheer poetry.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I listened to some of "Gwylym Lloyd - Live at Craven Park" tonight.

Sheer poetry.

I'm waiting for it to come out on vinyl.