What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Aside from listening to music on the radio, I haven't spent much time listening to music of a personal choice recently.

I decided to change this and had a gander through the Youtube vaults last night and came across a song by a band I adored in the late eighties. Don't suppose many of you will have heard of this but it's an incredibly haunting version of an old Irish folk song written around a hundred years ago.

Never fails to give me goosebumps, saw them perform this more than a dozen times live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=052DGZh2_3s

a lost gem of a band

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would reccomend the UNTHANKS sisters from the north east.Tear jerking songs and harmonies.

i also love maddy Prior  and june Tabor incomparable,

They also did a couple of albums as the silly sisters.terrific dueting.

On my list as one of the most underestimated British guitarists ever.

He is responsible for some fabulous song writing and be bop deluxe was the pinnacle of his commercial success..... sunburst finish remains in my top ten fav albums... though by no means the only fab album he did with BBD.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

British rock today.... loud aggressive and without any great subtleties...

Nowt poncey.... rock n roll

I'm starting with UFO and moving onto a Blackmore mix.... then a bit of irish influence wi phil n thin lizzy....

That should sort the day out.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I have the 4-disc compilation 'Citizen Steely Dan' playing on shuffle.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Van der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts. Repellently addictive, beautifully ugly, love it!

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Van der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts. Repellently addictive, beautifully ugly, love it!

Only band where a saxophone can make a song sound worse and, fair play, they worked hard at it.

I saw them once; only Tinchy Stryder has come close cheesing me off to that extent.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Only band where a saxophone can make a song sound worse and, fair play, they worked hard at it.

I saw them once; only Tinchy Stryder has come close cheesing me off to that extent.

They do polarise opinion a bit...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm going to listen to johnny winters's swan song properly tonight. I've had it since it first came out but not paid enough attention to it

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Something for the air-drummers

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Buffy Sainte-Marie - Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee.

Read the book .BURY MY HEART AY WOUNDED KNEE by Dee Brown

Mans inhumanity to native americans.

This isn't just a great record, but a great recording too.

1258644238_allen-toussaint-the-bright-mi

Ralph Waldo Emerson