What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugs Henderson live.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Live in 1974

Only Love Can Break Your Heart-0:00 

Almost Cut My Hair-3:32

Grave Concern-11:17

Old Man-14:40

Johnny's Garden-18:36

Our House-22:20

Deja Vu-26:08

Pushed It Over The End-34:07

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another new track from the Monkees' new album. Very nice! :) 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7iLFuapeY8&list=PL6y1s8Ewp9aOi7xiyxTyz0lItVIBTDjZb&index=27

I don't know if the above link will work. It's ages since I tried this.

The album is John Cale's "Paris 1919". It's probably featured here before, if so, sorry.

I first came across it when my brother went on his travels and left his albums at home in the early 70s. This was one of his albums and I just fell in love with it. How on Earth does a hell-raiser with the Velvet Underground suddenly produce such a melodic, peaceful, beautiful album? This track is my favourite - "Andalucia". Enjoy.

edit: Link seems to work. Now, how do I post the album cover pic?

Edited by tonyXIII

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7iLFuapeY8&list=PL6y1s8Ewp9aOi7xiyxTyz0lItVIBTDjZb&index=27

I don't know if the above link will work. It's ages since I tried this.

The album is John Cale's "Paris 1919". It's probably featured here before, if so, sorry.

I first came across it when my brother went on his travels and left his albums at home in the early 70s. This was one of his albums and I just fell in love with it. How on Earth does a hell-raiser with the Velvet Underground suddenly produce such a melodic, peaceful, beautiful album? This track is my favourite - "Andalucia". Enjoy.

edit: Link seems to work. Now, how do I post the album cover pic?

I do love the first track from that album especially. Your post has provoked me to finally order the CD, despite first hearing it at least 10 years ago.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

I switched over from the French Open Tennis to Gymnastics on the BBC, and was reminded that GB's very own jumping bean Claudia Fragapane does her floor routine to this...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Imagine, if you will, that you were equidistant between the studios where The Who were recording Baba O'Reilly and Madonna was recording Like a Virgin. Then you might hear this...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time out. Long time since I listened to this, but a warm sunny afternoon is just right for it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seventies Malaysian psych-pop group Truck. Actually rather good. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Mingus ... Ah Um

Great album!

Ralph Waldo Emerson