What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

6 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Thanks for the website/youtube link excellent stuff! Just listening to gotta find a new love - Timothy Wilson from it!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One for the England and Brisbane Broncos fans...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 22/07/2017 at 9:49 AM, Johnoco said:

Indeed, amongst many superb efforts by him. One guy you certainly wouldn't with, hard as they come. Went to Bradford Uni too.

Went to see them (again) in March. Despite line up changes they've still got it. And I still wouldn't argue with JJ, even in his 60s he still looks handy.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

9 hours ago, Johnoco said:

To put it in a nutshell, the reason Hugh Cornwell left them was because JJ duffed him up.

I didn't know that.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

2 hours ago, Tongs ya bas said:

You can say that again. He really enters into the spirit of the thing, classic

I read he was drunk when he made that classic record. He came to Rochdale with " Henry " his skull on a stick  in the 1960's but I couldn't afford the ticket price.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Just now, Futtocks said:

That's not a version I'm familiar with although I've seen the film. Still good though. There used to be film of " Martha and the Vandellas " doing the original on YouTube. They're miming on the " Ford Thunderbird " assembly line.

I saw Martha Reeves a year or two back, I left after four numbers, sad really.

Something for all the aspiring guitar players on TRL to aim at...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Something for all the aspiring guitar players on TRL to aim at...

If you're into guitarists check out " Lonnie Mack ".

Playing in the car today - " Tell Me " off the Stones first album. Possibly Keef and Mick's first successful piece of writing. It's on YouTube from the soundtrack of one of Martin Scorese's film. The scene is in a night club, the film could be " Mean Streets ". Harvey Keitel walks into the club like he's the King of the World. This is playing for the dancers.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Moose said:

Moose.... this is my most watched band ever... the original band.... and lately Marin Turner or Andy Powell's version....seem em loads of times.

Argus has been in my all time top 3 albums since its release.....

Absolutely bloody fabulous.....

• Like 1