What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sorry Clash fans but the best version of " I Fought The Law " - The Bobby Fuller Four.

I really like the Oysterband cover, but there's some great ones on Youtube - Springsteen, The Stray Cats, Dead Kennedys. The original (I think) by The Crickets ain't bad either.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 12:49 PM, Vambo said:

Nice one. Enjoy the gig ?

Enjoyed it very much. As you would expect, the band Tate's put together are no mugs and they sounded superb.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

11 hours ago, Vambo said:

Screenshot_20181206-071001_Spotify.jpg

You appear to have done it again. I'm off to see Ruts DC in January and they're going to be playing The Crack in its entirety. Looking forward to it as its one of the greatest albums of its era. I'm also looking forward to the gig because Paul Cook's band The Professionals are supporting. Just a shame Steve Jones is no longer playing with them.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

7 hours ago, JonM said:

I really like the Oysterband cover, but there's some great ones on Youtube - Springsteen, The Stray Cats, Dead Kennedys. The original (I think) by The Crickets ain't bad either.

It's such a great tune you'd have to be going some to screw it up.

I really like The Dead Kennedys' "I fought the law and I won" take on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

I really like The Dead Kennedys' "I fought the law and I won" take on it.

Well, their lead singer Jello Biafra has definitely lost a few court cases in his time too. Including one for defrauding the rest of the band of royalties for a decade...

2 hours ago, Ullman said:

You appear to have done it again. I'm off to see Ruts DC in January and they're going to be playing The Crack in its entirety. Looking forward to it as its one of the greatest albums of its era. I'm also looking forward to the gig because Paul Cook's band The Professionals are supporting. Just a shame Steve Jones is no longer playing with them.

Wow that's one strange coincidence.

Love 'The Crack' and I consider it to be easily the most overlooked and underrated album of that era. It still sounds great to this day and it's still relevant.

• Like 1
The%20Warriors%2060.jpg