What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a long time coming but ......

You have to imagine me swaying from side to side!

Edited by Oxford

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Just read Horace "Gentleman" Panter's view of how the Specials rise and decline, called Ska'd for life, it is a very funny book. how anyone survives in America on a music tour, is beyond me. ha ha

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Like 2

beudeunepeunfpiwurnf;wr;wj c c;we cc  ip   cw c; c ecj eckj ijc wiju ju cj [iupn  [uicn[iurfn[rwjfrc  cr Bulgaria jnoiuunr[oinirnf Kosovo hunhuenwunwenc bloo ioenfowinrfin

Edited by Bleep1673

7 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

beudeunepeunfpiwurnf;wr;wj c c;we cc  ip   cw c; c ecj eckj ijc wiju ju cj [iupn  [uicn[iurfn[rwjfrc  cr Bulgaria jnoiuunr[oinirnf Kosovo hunhuenwunwenc bloo ioenfowinrfin

That's a great track, thanks for sharing! ?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I disagree.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is something that needed doing, and this guy does it pretty damn well.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

spacer.png

I'm listening to the new album by The Flaming Lips, called King's Mouth.

After originally being won over by their earlier stuff (The Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots albums are both brilliant and they are one of the best live acts I've ever seen) I've not been keen on a lot of their later material, but this one has its moments and is a return to the earlier sound that initially hooked me.

The subject matter is beyond weird though! This review sums it up pretty well. ?

https://www.thefourohfive.com/music/review/review-the-flaming-lips-return-with-king-s-mouth-a-concept-album-which-almost-reaches-some-of-their-highest-peaks-but-not-quite-156
Narrated by The Clash’s Mick Jones, the story centres on a giant king baby who has the whole of outer space sucked into his head. His attempt to save his kingdom from an avalanche leads to him losing his life, but his severed head, now coated in steel, is used by his people as they enter his mouth to gaze up at the stars still in the confines of his skull. Pretty standard fare, then.

7 hours ago, John Drake said:

spacer.png

I'm listening to the new album by The Flaming Lips, called King's Mouth.

After originally being won over by their earlier stuff (The Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots albums are both brilliant and they are one of the best live acts I've ever seen) I've not been keen on a lot of their later material, but this one has its moments and is a return to the earlier sound that initially hooked me.

The subject matter is beyond weird though! This review sums it up pretty well. ?

https://www.thefourohfive.com/music/review/review-the-flaming-lips-return-with-king-s-mouth-a-concept-album-which-almost-reaches-some-of-their-highest-peaks-but-not-quite-156
Narrated by The Clash’s Mick Jones, the story centres on a giant king baby who has the whole of outer space sucked into his head. His attempt to save his kingdom from an avalanche leads to him losing his life, but his severed head, now coated in steel, is used by his people as they enter his mouth to gaze up at the stars still in the confines of his skull. Pretty standard fare, then.

I really like All For The Life Of The City.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political