What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I re-watched one particular favourite movie last night...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I know this is young folks' music and old farts like me shouldn't be listening to it because it'll destroy the artist's street cred n' all that, but I absolutely love this song! Heard it purely by accident t'other day and it stuck in my head from the first listen. To add insult to injury, I discovered there was a whole album's worth by this Sam Fender chap and it's fantastic. Sorry kids!

• Like 1

On 23/09/2019 at 21:34, John Drake said:

I know this is young folks' music and old farts like me shouldn't be listening to it because it'll destroy the artist's street cred n' all that, but I absolutely love this song! Heard it purely by accident t'other day and it stuck in my head from the first listen. To add insult to injury, I discovered there was a whole album's worth by this Sam Fender chap and it's fantastic. Sorry kids!

?

I recently heard a song by someone called Billie Eilish and I’d never heard of her but I thought it was terrific.    Great video too.

Apparently she’s incredibly famous  and has been for some time.    It all passed me by. 

Sorry kids. 

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

29 minutes ago, Steve May said:

?

I recently heard a song by someone called Billie Eilish and I’d never heard of her but I thought it was terrific.    Great video too.

Apparently she’s incredibly famous  and has been for some time.    It all passed me by. 

Sorry kids. 

It's hard not to spend your time avoiding stuff when so much of it is simply ordinary, not awful just very ordinary. Breaking barriers and moulds is the job of music and musicians but the job spec seems to have changed to sounding very similar and pinching each others rhymes. Part of the problem is radio has become generic in all but name.

Don't appologise you'll only encourage them.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political