What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/03/2015 at 16:59, Futtocks said:

You may recognise the Standells' Dirty Water, without having known the name of the song or band. It does get used sometimes in TV programmes and adverts.

The Vagrants feature the guitar and voice of Leslie West, later of Mountain and West, Bruce & Laing.

And Nazz was Todd Rundgren's first band.

Seriously, check out 'Nuggets' - it's even more ace than Cas Vegas!

Tisn't. ?

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

--------------------------

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

--------------------------

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

On 20/11/2019 at 17:38, ivans82 said:

Fairports-Rising For The Moon , Family-Song For Me , Ronnie Lane=Anymore For Anymore , 10,00 Maniacs-In My Tribe ,Mothers- Burnt Weeny Sandwich ,Marianne Faithful-Broken English ,Beefheart-Unconditionally Guaranteed . .

Wonderful album

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I spent a very relaxing afternoon yesterday, listening to this. Merrell Fankhauser is best known as a member of Mu... which isn't all that well known, now I come to think of it. Whatever, this is pretty decent folk rock with plenty of nice vocal harmonies.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, metallithrax said:

The few "songs" I have heard by AC don't do anything for me.  However Howlin Willie had me laughing quite a bit.  But then I don't think I have heard a bad song by Ginger.

AC aren't exactly my cup of tea either.

As for Ginger, saw The Wildhearts a few weeks back. He was on fine form and the band were too.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

29 minutes ago, Ullman said:

AC aren't exactly my cup of tea either.

As for Ginger, saw The Wildhearts a few weeks back. He was on fine form and the band were too.

They are a band I do need to go see.  I had heard a few song by them, but a couple of weeks ago Ginger was in the Christmas Market Stall I was manning looking through the vintage music adverts (he didn't buy any this year).  That day I decided to see if there was any new stuff from him and found shitloads.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, metallithrax said:

They are a band I do need to go see.  I had heard a few song by them, but a couple of weeks ago Ginger was in the Christmas Market Stall I was manning looking through the vintage music adverts (he didn't buy any this year).  That day I decided to see if there was any new stuff from him and found shitloads.

The Wildhearts' new album is very good indeed.