What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A nicely understated, minimalist little tune...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 4 weeks later...

There are loads of videos from Live at Daryl's House. Some interesting collaborations, usually great sound quality, plus Daryl Hall's voice is still in fine form. Here's Cee Lo Green doing an old Hall & Oates hit.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think this is the only recording of Beth Rowley singing the introduction to the Strike series of detective series on the BBC. Why she hasn’t recorded and released a full version of this beautiful song remains a mystery. Other artists have covered it but none are anywhere near as good as Beth’s version.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I can't find the what are you listening to thread, but as this has appeared I post this, my favourite from an album I won. The version I won had an holographic cover and Astro & Ali Campbell's autograph

When UB40 were more than just a covers band 😎

2 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Terrific video from Salford's 2nd best band

Don't twist my melon, man

When you look at Shaun & Bez now, you can see the effect drugs have on a person, my 12 year old fancies Shaun here, in the Gorrillaz video she thinks he looks like me, when they were on Pointless, she thought he looked stupid, great video though