What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After today    ......... the curtain comes down,  2012 Red Devil Records " I'll leave the ways that are making me be what I really don't want to be."

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

spacer.png

I've just taken delivery of a new self-released double album by Ian McNabb, titled Utopian.

With a running time of 90 minutes or so, I'll be a while getting acquainted with this one, but with song titles such as Harry Dean Stanton, Jivin' Miss Daisy, Swiss Army Knife of Fuerteventura and No One Tells A Lie Like A Dude With A Tie, I know it'll be worth it.

(Copy and paste John's oft repeated argument that Ian McNabb is an under appreciated genius here).

8 hours ago, Josef K said:

I’ve not a clue how to put a song on here

Find a song on Youtube, right-click on the video, copy the Video URL, then paste that URL into a your post on this forum. Like this.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Find a song on Youtube, right-click on the video, copy the Video URL, then paste that URL into a your post on this forum. Like this.

I don`t understand that. Watched a few videos on how to post links. Didn`t understand those either. Probably just as well. A plethora of minimalist Techno might clear the thread.

On the posted clip - This track is okay but in general The band are one of those highly-respected, vastly over-rated and very dull groups. In my humble opinion, of course.

I`ve been trying to think which bit of Easy Rider it soundtracks.

18 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I don`t understand that. Watched a few videos on how to post links

I'm not sure it can be made any clearer.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

33 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I don`t understand that. Watched a few videos on how to post links. Didn`t understand those either. Probably just as well. A plethora of minimalist Techno might clear the thread.

On the posted clip - This track is okay but in general The band are one of those highly-respected, vastly over-rated and very dull groups. In my humble opinion, of course.

I`ve been trying to think which bit of Easy Rider it soundtracks.

Easy. Go to YT, type in "easy rider the weight scene" and hit enter or "search" icon.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Easy. Go to YT, type in "easy rider the weight scene" and hit enter or "search" icon.

I don`t like to cheat with things like this. I`d rather post instant reactions from memory. 

In that spirit, I think my favourite musical moment from Easy Rider is the Byrds track, "Wasn`t born to follow", with the fabulous Raga guitar.