What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just chilling out before the Wheelchair Rugby begins.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 13/11/2021 at 15:15, Futtocks said:

Just chilling out before the Wheelchair Rugby begins.

I`m partial to this too. Had more going on than the previous Drone albums.

The two that followed, Rubycon and Ricochet, are just as good, maybe better.

The only pure Drone album I really like is Irrlicht by Klaus Schulze, who was briefly in TD. Weird and wonderful. It`s mainly organ and other heavily-treated sounds. There`s even a zither in the mix. Only know that from the sleeve notes.

It`s funny what can pass you by for years until your attention is drawn. I was surprised to learn that Jean-Michel Jarre used Farfisa organ and mellotron on Oxygene.

11 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I`m partial to this too. Had more going on than the previous Drone albums.

The two that followed, Rubycon and Ricochet, are just as good, maybe better.

The only pure Drone album I really like is Irrlicht by Klaus Schulze, who was briefly in TD. Weird and wonderful. It`s mainly organ and other heavily-treated sounds. There`s even a zither in the mix. Only know that from the sleeve notes.

It`s funny what can pass you by for years until your attention is drawn. I was surprised to learn that Jean-Michel Jarre used Farfisa organ and mellotron on Oxygene.

I do like analogue synth sounds. Tonto's Expanding Head Band, for one.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

a pleasant enough rock n roll/country crossover plodalong but thats all - theres far better new rockabilly bands out there who dont have the clout though

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

33 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Heard some familiar songs coming from daughters room this morning ,turns out it was the Perks of being a wallflower soundtrack, new order,the smiths, xtc ,cocteau twins and finishing with Bowie's Heroes ,brilliant might even try the film

Some movie aimed at younger viewers have pretty eclectic soundtracks. I guess the directors know that nothing ages faster than this season's pin-up pop star.

Then, of course, there's the Guardians of the Galaxy mixtapes, which are part of the story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_(soundtrack)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol._2_(soundtrack)

Ralph Waldo Emerson