What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

14 minutes ago, Josef K said:

I’ll have to give them a go. Sadly when it comes to music i am a real music snob, i wish i wasn’t though. I have mates that enjoy listening to Prince and then AC/DC, whereas i am too blinkered. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Josef K said:

I’ll have to give them a go. Sadly when it comes to music i am a real music snob, i wish i wasn’t though. I have mates that enjoy listening to Prince and then AC/DC, whereas i am too blinkered. 

A snob is a fool. Eclecticism is the spice of musical life.

I went through a couple of teenage years of dismal snobbery. All ended one day in 1983 when I bought together two albums released that year - "Porcupine" by Echo and the Bunnymen and "The Look" by Shalamar. Both are good in their own way. Why forego the enjoyment of listening to the latter because I like the former?

15 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

A snob is a fool. Eclecticism is the spice of musical life.

I went through a couple of teenage years of dismal snobbery. All ended one day in 1983 when I bought together two albums released that year - "Porcupine" by Echo and the Bunnymen and "The Look" by Shalamar. Both are good in their own way. Why forego the enjoyment of listening to the latter because I like the former?

There's a thing I've noticed about the younger generation - they are rarely as cliquey as their parents were at the same age. Okay, a lot of it is down to pretty much any music being discoverable with a click or two, but even so, they seem so much more broad-minded.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

In memoriam Norma Waterson. Covering the Grateful Dead(!), of all things.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happy 50th birthday to the first Todd Rundgren album I ever bought: 

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

I was under the impression that this thread was a semi-serious disimpretitasion covering artistic versions of classic anthems. If you are minded to ................

............ even I've lost  the point of my reply..........

can i just ask, what the freck is that tune smoking??

Super, smashing, great. Let's see what you could've won.

Ralph Waldo Emerson