What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thin Lizzy's first (self-titled) album. Interesting and odd - you can hear hints of the band they would become, but also a few musical blind alleys where they might have disappeared.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I make no apologies..... I is listening to oh ar se sis...... first two albums.. I do enjoy them.

I may set the flux capacitor to the 90's and listen to the great escape by blur later.

These CD things.... they're OK as coasters aren't they?😊😊

Edited by Robin Evans

On 16/02/2022 at 13:08, Oxford said:

Theres something about Elbow that I can't stand. I should like them but I just can't. I don't know what it is. 

Maybe, subconsciously, its because Bury was always my football team, but then again that wouldn't explain the total aversion to their music. 

I love so many similar bands, but they just grate right through me.

4 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

Theres something about Elbow that I can't stand. I should like them but I just can't. I don't know what it is. 

Maybe, subconsciously, its because Bury was always my football team, but then again that wouldn't explain the total aversion to their music. 

Guy Garvey's From the Vaults TV prog is pretty good , loads of unseen clips from the TUBE when broadcasting finished but the cameras kept rolling .

• Like 1

On 24/02/2022 at 21:41, Leeds Wire said:

The inexplicable variations on preference and taste are a conundrum wrapped in a mystery at the end of a riddle. Remember that some folk prefer Yawn to TGG.

I think Adrian Monk said it best  "The Internet people will come. They'll believe anything!"

• Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political