What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just got the new Sea Power cd, i really like it. I got the HMHB new cd but i haven’t played that yet. 
i was going through some of my old cd’s and i found The Band Of Holy Joy so i have been playing them, i think they’re great. 

A bit of Minnie Riperton.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 hours ago, Futtocks said:

A bit of Minnie Riperton.

Think this is from 1970.

I`ve got a 2 on 1 cd which combines "Perfect Angel" with "Adventures in Paradise". 1974/75.

There used to be an aviary at Moss Bank Park in Bolton. Was dreamily strolling through there one Sunday afternoon when "Loving You" was number 2 in the singles chart. One of those moments of confluence and serendipity that lingers forever in the mind.

Behind the main part of the aviary they had peacocks roaming. Quite a sight, and made a heck of a racket if you went anywhere near them.

46 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Think this is from 1970.

I`ve got a 2 on 1 cd which combines "Perfect Angel" with "Adventures in Paradise". 1974/75.

There used to be an aviary at Moss Bank Park in Bolton. Was dreamily strolling through there one Sunday afternoon when "Loving You" was number 2 in the singles chart. One of those moments of confluence and serendipity that lingers forever in the mind.

Behind the main part of the aviary they had peacocks roaming. Quite a sight, and made a heck of a racket if you went anywhere near them.

"Loving you" has, sadly, been played to death since then. Her other material, solo or with Rotary Connection, deserves more exposure.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Listened to the new Tears For Fears album 5 times

Listening again and again to a new album is a delight that shouldn't be underestimated.

Though you're slacking a bit if it was only 5 times before you posted on here.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I also bought the new (British) Sea Power (cd) ive only listened to it the once but im sure it’ll grow on me, i think they are a excellent band. I am off too watch them in Manchester in May sometime and ive got a taxi driver who said he’ll go with me, even though he doesn’t like any of my music. But that’s what brothers are for. 

I have also got tickets for Beach House in April at the Manchester Academy. I think they have done some lovely stuff.
My daughter has said she will go with me which is very kind of her. She thinks ive just made up the names of the bands. 

she is into Deep House & Soulful House, which to me just sounds like someone banging on the wall next door. 

You can play a game with this song by former Oompa-Loompa, Star Wars Jawa and L!veTV's Trampolining Weather Dwarf Rusty Goffe. Just hit pause when he sings "and I can play..." then try to guess the next instrument.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just found out that Albert Lee is still alive. Not sure why I thought he'd died, but any excuse...

Ralph Waldo Emerson